• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

~GURU~

Hi All.

Well this is it:
Poweredge
Pentium 3 dual processor 2 * 800MHz [so 1,6GHz] (yes slow)
256 MB RAM
6 * 18,6 SCSI[10.000rpm] hard drives
RAID 5 controler
Windows Server 2003
10Mbps line

How much do you think this could be rented out for per month?

How much would you actually pay for this a month?

I really would like to know,

thanks,

Guru

Last edited:
Good luck renting it out at all. Seems a bit older and P3 really wont assit you much in any way shape or form. Probably not the news you wanted but surely needed to be said. However you can always upgrade the processor and have a decent machine there.

I'd agree with about $50 is what I can sell P3's for. But they sell pretty easily for people with small budgets.

With 256mb, you are sitting on a white elephant be it dual processor or not.

Try running a Dual Xeon 3.0ghz on 256mb ram :)

I dont say it's slow at all. It's a bit out of date, but coming with RAID SCSI and dual CPUs (real dual, not HT). A good P3 with SCSI will easily win a low-end P4 box with IDE disks

gate2vn said:
I dont say it's slow at all. It's a bit out of date, but coming with RAID SCSI and dual CPUs (real dual, not HT). A good P3 with SCSI will easily win a low-end P4 box with IDE disks

I agree with the spces but the RAM is where the bottleneck is.

NetCafe said:
Same here, would be kewl to use it for our dns server or host our forum. :classic2:

Wtf dude you don't need dual p3 800 mhz processors JUST to host a forum or dns server i had a server running fine just recently for my friends to download stuff stats

pentium 100 mhz
128 ram
windows 2000 advanced server

it ran fine for them to download of they were getting 50 kb a sec downloads which is pretty gud considerin i am on 256 kb up speed

striker99 said:
it ran fine for them to download of they were getting 50 kb a sec downloads which is pretty gud considerin i am on 256 kb up speed
256k = 32 kB/s

There's no way they were getting "50 kb a sec" unless you really do mean kbps and not kBps. And if they were only getting 50kb (~6 kB) on a 256k line that's pretty sad. :lol:

WEll, i don't think putting it up for rent is going to be profitable. It'll costs more than 300 Euros just to get is hosted in a datacenter.... with not even a TB of bandwidth....

Anyone able to offer good colocation hosting in the Netherlands; Your offers are more than welcome!!!

will get in touch with you,

i also got two spare processors for it
1* 800MHz
1* 500MHz

Which would be the best way to get in touch with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back