• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Keeping Track of activities.

Weirds

Weird Member
NLC
My computer is usually turned on and it can be used by friends and my cousins when they come to my house. Recently, they kept changing the settings of my computers but I don't know who did it. I couldn't stop them from using it but I want to know who actually did something stupid like those.

Can anyone give me some suggestions or tell me what software I can use to keep track of activities?

what os? can you setup user accounts, like one guest and then one for yourself. I never like computer tracking software cause it is usually very easy to get around.

XP, .... it is still no use because all I want is to know who did the settings changed. I am not trying to stop them from changing anything. By the way, audioslave said he gave u the plan. So, I will pm u.

Last edited:
Why not set up a webcam or a video cam to watch them?

I don't think the program wouldn't know who did it, unless you knew the exact time they where using the pc and if the program documented time.

Originally posted by is0lized
Why not set up a webcam or a video cam to watch them?

I don't think the program wouldn't know who did it, unless you knew the exact time they where using the pc and if the program documented time.

I Think that will or it's Costy...

If what they change involves typing phrases/words that are unique to the settings, or generally stick out, then get a KeyKatcher from www.thinkgeek.com and put it on your computer.

No software to set up, a completely hardware key logging device.

Or, like someone else said, set up a severely limited guest account and tell them "This is what you get for f$%^ing around with the settings on my computer."

Would recommend using the user account route - then if they screw up they only screw up theirs not yours.

DesktopX comes with a nice desktop that only has 1 or 2 icons and a right-click menu that includes My Documents, Program Files, some other stuff. Edit the right-click menu to only include a start menu, install desktop x on a guest account, put only the stuff you want them to access in the start menu and desktop. voila.

Back