• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

laptop graphic card acting strange

The Crasher

hey all

i got a small problem with my laptop and i cant figure out the problem

i guess it is overheating but probaly i am wrong

let me explain what it does

if i boot my laptop then it shows a black screen with some messed up colors for 2 seconds ( the colors are just lines that go down in the left corner) and then it turns compete black

if i power off my laptop for 5 min and i boot it again , then i got a normal screen , but after 1 hour or when i start a game then the screen is totaly messed up and it freeze (windows keeps going , but the screen freeze so you dont see a thing)

maybe some1 got it before and know how to fix it
a other video card in it is not a solution (laptop)

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher

It does seem like an overheating issue... have you tried:

Updating the drivers
Lifting the laptop a bit from the desk (it'll help with the air flow)
Opening the laptop and use Compressed air to clean any dust that might be in there.

What's the make and model of your laptop?

my laptop cames from aldi (belguim) and it is a "medion aykido" and some numbers

it seems that my cooling refuse to start when i start up the laptop
we tryed it to clean and it does not works , i tryed it to lift off from the ground but my fan (only 1 fan :S) refuse to start and if it works then it is realy slow , blowing hot air but slow

the first time i got it i waited a few hours before i started it again and it was working again , thats why i was thinking it was overheating
now , when it worked for 5 hours with no problem dit i got a crash from a game (screen crash) and everything freeze
i restarted the pc and i got the black - grey screen again

i was going to sleep , the next moring i put my laptop on and still the same :S
probaly is the fan broken or a bad conection to the chipset

the strange thing is that windows starts like normal , only i cant see it :S (so the video card is working then ?? els it refuse to start if i am right )

the graphic card is a build in chipset , nvidea 9300 G
the processor is a intel 1.6 GHZ dual core
The laptop is less then 1 year old (8 months i guess)

do some1 know if this is easy to fix ? because i dont want to bring it back to that shop (it takes a long way to get to the provider and then the question if they fix it :S , average calculated of time it takes .. around 1 -2 months ) , or is it cheaper to buy a new laptop

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher

It seems like you might be out of luck...

Here's a few things you might want to try,

Put your fingers on the fan center part, if it's hot, then you have a working motor and connection but something is jamming the fan in it's position. Remove the fan if possible and clean it as much as you can

If the fan is removable, remove it and check for any broken wires, unplug and plug it back in the mobo (if possible).

If you can remove the fan, check on ebay for spare part that you could use.

Otherwise, you'll need to send it in for repairs!

i cant open the laptop at this moment ( its 1 am for me :p)
its difficult to get to the fan or any other component then the hd/mem/wifi
i need to open the complete laptop before i can get there (dismanteling or something like that) and that going take some time if i dont want to break something

i will let you know tomorw if it worked or not :)

Thank you for your support
Greets From The Crasher

Back