• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LayeredTech | Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Joe.

Yours Truly
NLC
Hello, :wave:

I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience in hosting with LayeredTech. Their servers look pretty reasonable and they have a reasonable price. I might be interested in purchasing a server from them; but I just want to know a bit more about them.

If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, :wave:

lol WHT stands for Web Hosting Talk, and FWS stands for Free Web Space. What one sounds better? Of course WHT. If LT gave away free servers (of course they dont) They would advertise on FWS. Anyway LT is good and theyre prices are good, they are not 100% reliable. I think softlayer offer better servers though they cost more..

I have been using layeredtech for nearly 1 year and I just can't complain about anything. *Recommended*

iiPanel said:
I have been using layeredtech for nearly 1 year and I just can't complain about anything. *Recommended*

Thank you that really helps, you're a well establish company. So, thank you very much.

layeredtech is pretty good.. we have servers from them.

Good Luck.
Lea.

Thank you too.

Do you think this server would be "okay" to continue with? And, then move to Xeons if we get more popular?

AMD 64 Athlon 3200+
80GB Hard Drive
1024MB RAM
Bandwidth: 1500GB
IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
Private VLAN
Basic Resource Monitoring
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows*

Or would I be better off with the same specs; but with a P4 2.8GHz

Thanks everyone. :wave:

Last edited:
I have been with layered for years and only in the last few months can I say that I have experienced a decline in service. Something just seems a bit off, I think they may be getting too big and quality control is starting to slip a bit

last couple o/s reloads = 48 hours
last spam issue = terrible, WAY to fast to pull it down to resolve a minor issue

They are an average provider with decent pricing. If you do not need fast service in the event of a downtime they are fine.

We have since moved our web and some of our game servers to softlayer and regret nothing. 2hr hardware sla, instant reboot, console os reloads, Friendly staff. We have a HUGE project we are working on which will indeed require several machines, clustering, and a fast, clean network. Softlayer will be the center for that

Yup, softlayer = best provider, so decent prices for awesome service while layered tech is the same but without the service ;)

repoman said:
Yup, softlayer = best provider, so decent prices for awesome service while layered tech is the same but without the service ;)

Dang, really? I'll be looking more into it.

Thanks to you too avail.

thanks really, everyone.

If your looking for top notch service go with Staminus.Net. You pay more but the service can't be beat. Our network availability with Staminus has been 100% and the amount of time for them tor respond to anything so far has been less than 30 minutes.

They are also guaranteed :) to beat the setup time at LayeredTech. Setup time with Staminus is under an hour....LT can take 5-6 Days.

Staminus offers instant reboots / OS reloads. Custom firewall rule configuration and port monitoring, all directly from their support system. Can't ask for a sweeter setup.

ecsportal said:
If your looking for top notch service go with Staminus.Net. You pay more but the service can't be beat. Our network availability with Staminus has been 100% and the amount of time for them tor respond to anything so far has been less than 30 minutes.

They are also guaranteed :) to beat the setup time at LayeredTech. Setup time with Staminus is under an hour....LT can take 5-6 Days.

Staminus offers instant reboots / OS reloads. Custom firewall rule configuration and port monitoring, all directly from their support system. Can't ask for a sweeter setup.

Thank you very much Ecs, how long have you been with them? Their prices aren't "that" high, and I don't mind spending a bit more for better quality.

Most of their servers are "sold out" too. :p

I have been with Staminus over a year. We have never had any issues and their DDOS protection is the best in the business. I honestly think their only competitor with DDOS protection is gigEservers.com. You can also check them out on WHT.

To give an example though, we bought another server last night at: 11:14CST

Our order was filled and the server was online at 12:38CST

Order Placement --> Completion: 84 Minutes

You get what you pay for in my opinion. With 473 customers (last estimate) our ticket load averages 1-2 a week. Those are normally CPanel issues. /sigh

Did I mention CPanel is crap? :)

ecsportal said:
I have been with Staminus over a year. We have never had any issues and their DDOS protection is the best in the business. I honestly think their only competitor with DDOS protection is gigEservers.com. You can also check them out on WHT.

To give an example though, we bought another server last night at: 11:14CST

Our order was filled and the server was online at 12:38CST

Order Placement --> Completion: 84 Minutes

You get what you pay for in my opinion. With 473 customers (last estimate) our ticket load averages 1-2 a week. Those are normally CPanel issues. /sigh

Did I mention CPanel is crap? :)

Well, I hope they restock on their servers. Because the one I prefer to buy is "sold out" :(

I don't think I need to make another thread; because as you know I'm really close to figuring out what to buy and from what provider.

Now, I just wanted to know something. What would really be better or are they equivalent.

Intel Dual Xeon 3.0GHz
or
AMD Dual Core Opteron 3.0GHzw
Every feature, RAM, etc. would be the same.

Would ther be a big difference?

Last edited:
Chief what are you looking for? What are your intentions of use for the box?

I host a few servers (about 10) at LayeredTech and then i run one or two off a local school connection (i run educational sites). You may have seen me on the forums, I prefer free hosting and i've been hosting for over 4 years now. I'd like to think my words are somewhat of a truth, LayeredTech is mediocre. If you sign on for a year lease they blue ball you and unlike other companies don't try to really work with you to keep you happy as a customer. Prices are okay, but again it depends on what your going for? I'm propably overpaying just to be a free host but then again by using LT and paying the premium for decent machines I also get to say I have a real 99.99% uptime and im in the same park as the "big dogs".

So its all about your intentions. GL, Let me know if you go with LT I can put you on the reseller program I am on and save you a little money. TTYL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back