• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Liberty-Hosting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfumbe

It has almost been 3 weeks that I have noticed that Liberty-Host main site is down even their cpanel, is it possible that they are down. The last time they said in their forums that they are going under a major change and not mentioned anything about going (closing) Down.
Are they really down?:confused4

Yes, Liberty-Host is down at the current time, we had an Admin abuse there position on the server and installed god knows what, we are having to move all accounts to a new server and reformat the old one and transfer them back.

Liberty-Host should be back up in about 3 to 5 days, it will teach us the lesson of not to trust anyone over the internet without photo card ID :p

Sorry about the Downtime.

Yes, Liberty-Host is down at the current time, we had an Admin abuse there position on the server and installed god knows what, we are having to move all accounts to a new server and reformat the old one and transfer them back.

Liberty-Host should be back up in about 3 to 5 days, it will teach us the lesson of not to trust anyone over the internet without photo card ID :p

Thank you for the update hosting-shack:idea:

Now that is harsh. My heart goes out.

my heart dosen't after Liberty-host the worst host ever has accused me of hacking there website its like wtf you know. IM 14 ( 13 at the time they accused me) I have no hacing experiance.

my heart dosen't after Liberty-host the worst host ever has accused me of hacking there website its like wtf you know. IM 14 ( 13 at the time they accused me) I have no hacing experiance.

As stated at the time, how do you explain YOUR ip in OUR cPanel?

Sorry to see that happen Richard.
We had this issue once on DES and we managed to make direct telephone contact with their ISP. I haven't heard nor seen that person on the net since.
Wonder why? :beer:

Hope it gets sorted mate.

I was worried with libert-host, now I´m more calm. My guess was they would not disapear just like that.

Take your time, you are a good host. (I´m still in the free section, but my data is all true, including adress and phone number.)

hey, I use to love LH but im getting P.O!

Last time the MySQL messed up and now their poof, gone....

Yes, sorry about all that, both problems are the cause of the same person, for all the not so technical people here, the /var partition was set to 2GB, whereas all other space was partitioned into /home, /var got filled, mySQL crashed so we had to add a spare 40GB hard drive.

But then the problems really started, it seems that while I was away, an admin of the server was installing all kinds of modifications to cPanel and running game servers and shoutcast servers without permission, and the time we found out it was too late.

Sorry to see that happen Richard.
We had this issue once on DES and we managed to make direct telephone contact with their ISP. I haven't heard nor seen that person on the net since.
Wonder why? :beer:

Hope it gets sorted mate.

Thanks Dan, I actually have the contact information of the unnamed admin, and have already contacted him on the matter; he just tells us he thought he could as he was an admin.

Well done on getting back up and running. I advise you not to use phpBB3 yet as it's still in it's beta stages and may contain security flaws.

Well done on getting back up and running. I advise you not to use phpBB3 yet as it's still in it's beta stages and may contain security flaws.

It's only a temporary solution until our main server is back up and running.

I am glad they arn't going down. I need to get a back up becuase my last one (to my surprise) was over 2 weeks old :(.

It has almost been 3 weeks that I have noticed that Liberty-Host main site is down even their cpanel, is it possible that they are down. The last time they said in their forums that they are going under a major change and not mentioned anything about going (closing) Down.
Are they really down?:confused4

mfumbe,

Our server was located in the Saidcom datacenter, which has gone down. Theres a thread about it in the host talk section. We should be back as soon as we can get ahold of the backups.

Regards,
Richard Anderson

Yeah. Tell me about it.

I think I should just add, that the server has been down just over 5 days now, not 3 weeks ;)

Yeah. Tell me about it.

I think I should just add, that the server has been down just over 5 days now, not 3 weeks ;)
Sorry for that it was just a typing mistake that I have made.
Thanks for the update because my customers have been calling me to ask why they can't see their sites.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back