• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

logo near the url, what's it?

If you want an icon in Mozilla or Netscape 6, include this in your page header:

<link rel="icon" href="icon.ext" type="image/ext">

It can be in .ico format if you want, or it can be in any other image format as long as you give it the right type.

What's the deal with these icons anyhow? Do you have to be special to see them or something? I've yet to see one since I've been using Mozilla, and I think I've only seen one when I was using IE, and that just seemed to appear and dissapear randomly...

So what's the secret?? :confused:

We just added one to our site if you want to see one in action, its IE only at the moment, but I'm going to change that soon. Are they supported in netscape pre 6.0??

O and buy some nautical charts while you're there :D

http://chartmaker.ncd.noaa.gov

Last edited:
Just to see if it worked, I opened up IE and had a look at your site. No icon for me...

Sometimes I get those little icons for freewebspace does anyone else get that? Also when I open up my favirotes I see them alot but other times they wont be there.

I also opened up your site and can't see it.

Are you using I.E. dusty? I get a little internet explorer symbol next to the address when I load up his site. I've checked 5 times and tried refreshing in the page......

I think you have to bookmark it first, then reload it and you should see it. As I said its IE only.

Spamming? yeah ok whatever.

That worked but that's alot of work to see a little icon :confused2
also would it be just for i.e. if someone using mozilla could see it?:confused:

Last edited:
"O and buy some nautical charts while you're there :D

http://chartmaker.ncd.noaa.gov"

What the heck do you call that?

ANYWAY...it is visible in Mozilla, and yeah I book marked it and it worked but I have been to sites that show it even if it isn't bookmarked

joke Pronunciation Key (jk)
n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
A mischievous trick; a prank.
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

I'm confused where was the joke you saying that it wasn't an ad cause that doesn't really make me want to roll around on the ground......

Has anyone else gotten one for freewebspace???

Back