• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a forum

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I would first of all like to thank anyone who can and will give me some advice towards this. I have been trying for about 3 weeks now if not more to find a good company that will provide me a forum like FWS. I dont necessarily want one just like FWS but just a forum in general. I have a domain name and stuff for it already but everyone I have found you have to use a subdomain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciative!

Romeo :)

I'm not sure what you're asking...are you looking for certain forum software, like vBulletin or whatever, or...what?

Yeah like vbulletin or whatever. Doesnt really matter to me but I would like to use my own domain name I already have registered. Yeah I prefer it to be free for now. Thanks for any suggestions and I will try www.mybboard.com

I could host a forum for you. Our self-installer has both invision board and phpBB. Vbull is always going to cost, no matter where you go, it doesn't come cheap.

I apprciate the offers. Would I be able to use my own domain with either of you? Also what all does the forums come with. I found a really good one before that had everything but only subdomains.

Sounds good to me. Now I have just two more questions. The first one is are these free? I have found a lot of them for free just not to where I can use my own domain. Also would I be able to put a logo on my forum? In your opinion which one would be the best? They both sound really good to me.

Thanks again for all the advice.

While I can't speak on aaditya's behalf perfectly, I will try my best. If I miss something, please correct me.

It wouldnt cost anything to be hosted, even with a domain name, with either one of us.

Yes, both of those forum packages allow for that to be accomplished.

If you mean which forum software is better, I believe personally that Invision Board is the better of the two [even though its an older version, due to licensing changes], but then again phpBB continues to push forward. It really comes down to personal preference.
If you happen to mean which hosting service would be better, that is completely up to you. I don't believe in "stealing" users from other hosting services, I just want everybody that deserves hosting to find whatever they need, whether that be with me or someone else's service. It appears that they offer 1gb of transfer, I can't seem to find out how much space due to a mySQL issue with their forums. I set up all of my accounts different everytime, so everybody gets what they really need. I am sure either way you go, you'd be pleased.

Sounds good. The phpbb kind of sounds a lil better. I am mainly going to use it for Christian advice, general questions, all kinds of things really. Just a way for people to be able to express themselfs and stuff. Now how would this work? What is the next step another words? I am new to the whole forum thing, is why I am asking.

Matt,

I went ahead and sent you a email I believe or a pm one. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

EzForum,

Yes, I own Lightening Fast.net. Although like some hosting companies mine is a reseller which is why I posted this thread to begin with. Also as long as you know what your doing, then there is nothing wrong in opening any kind of business.

Nice to share..........Thats why I also just have a new forum..

Its not for ecommerce or something is just for sharing some good stuff with everyone...learn from every one...

Make the internet a better place to be in...you learn from one another...

But then...it'll only work..if

Some free lance pro drop by and contribute some knowledge, ideas....and all..

:)

I am desperate for members to kick off this forum...

Hope u guys can drop by and contribute something...

Maybe put a link to link us all up it will be nice...

Please...:)

http://isell.fdns.net/share

I really just want to share.......please support ..thanks

Hope u guys can support my new forum........

i am the only members of it now :)

:p

Back