• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for Best VPS/RESELLER on FWS

hey like i said try matt out. If your happy good. I have nothing against matt and will always help when he needs it

Do you guys offer free private NS? I think that most do.. Mr Uk host team
wants to change me extra for private NS, something that is basic these
days when you want to go private for your own NS.

You can create your own NS on any reseller account, all you do is create them at your domain register using the server's main nameservers as your own. Of course these aren't private in a sense, because they can be retraced back through the IP. If you are being charged you are probably paying for a dedicated IP address, which will be private because you will be the only one hosted on it. It will still revert back to that specific server but that can't be helped unless you use a VPS/Dedicated.

But the extra charges at Mr Host can be anything, you should check first if it's for dedicated IPs or not.

ns1.webhost.com > ns1.yourdomain.com = same IP.

You can create your own NS on any reseller account, all you do is create them at your domain register using the server's main nameservers as your own. Of course these aren't private in a sense, because they can be retraced back through the IP. If you are being charged you are probably paying for a dedicated IP address, which will be private because you will be the only one hosted on it. It will still revert back to that specific server but that can't be helped unless you use a VPS/Dedicated.

But the extra charges at Mr Host can be anything, you should check first if it's for dedicated IPs or not.

ns1.webhost.com > ns1.yourdomain.com = same IP.

Look at this:

http://who.is/dns/seolinkspider.com

not only do you see my NS, you see his also.

This is not private.

a private nameserver would be like:

NS1.SEOLINKSPIDER.COM
NS2.SEOLINKSPIDER.COM

and no ip's pointing anywhere else.

I have also checked dnswatch.info

only his NS appear on the list...

How is this private?

Last edited:
That's what I was saying, if you want private NS, you usually do pay for them. Because you are paying for dedicated IP addresses. Ask Mr. Host if that's what you are paying for.

That's what I was saying, if you want private NS, you usually do pay for them. Because you are paying for dedicated IP addresses. Ask Mr. Host if that's what you are paying for.

I do not think I am on a dedicated IP as they stated it
would cost more. now the last host I was with was
a private NS, I guess that could have been included
with the price.. can a private NS only be setup on
a dedicated IP? even still its common to offer free
private NS these days, thats just common since
a host would want their own private NS.

You both share the same IP address, which many more will. Real private NS are dedicated IP address, because only YOU are using them, the rest are the default IP's which hundreds of clients can be using.

The different between two IPs for NS1 and NS2 is just that, separate IP address, it helps more for SSL certificates and redundancy if you host these on more than one server but you will be fine setting them both to the same IP address.

You can order at almost any reseller company and ask to buy a single dedicated IP address, usually costing $1/month even though I agree, most hosts do have them included in the price.

You both share the same IP address, which many more will. Real private NS are dedicated IP address, because only YOU are using them, the rest are the default IP's which hundreds of clients can be using.

The different between two IPs for NS1 and NS2 is just that, separate IP address, it helps more for SSL certificates and redundancy if you host these on more than one server but you will be fine setting them both to the same IP address.

You can order at almost any reseller company and ask to buy a single dedicated IP address, usually costing $1/month even though I agree, most hosts do have them included in the price.

yes he said a dedicated ip was $1/mo but also stated more:

Along with your Nameservers, they Are indeed setup Correctly, Private nameservers are NOT Really considered Private sir.

Cause someone with an good DNS Lookup tool can
find out the infomation of your host.

If someone is not seeing only my IP on lookup, then
that is not a private nameserver. a private NS would only
show me as being host, if it is showing other hosts which
would be a dead giveaway, then it is not private.

Maybe I should be looking for someone that provides anonymous
private nameservers for resellers.

http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/ha.../3529-anonymous-nameservers-my-resellers.html

Something like:

Private Name Server:

ns1.seolinkspider.com
ns2.seolinkspider.com

but if they did a deeper check on whois, then
it would be something like:

ns1.seolinkspider.com
ns2.seolinkspider.com
ns3.privateIP.com
ns4.privateIP.com

and ns3+ns4 would be my host, but the page would
go someplace unrelated to hosting, much less showing
my hosting providers website domain, or the host can
have dedicated IP's that go nowhere...

Last edited:
He is correct, if you want more privacy, get a dedicated server. He is offering you the next best thing on a reseller, a dedicated IP. Even then, on a dedicated server that IP address can be traced back to a specific company where you rent or co-locate the dedicated server because they would have bought a specific range of IP's (Like The Planet etc.). The Planet also owns their own datacentres, which would be the only way you too can get 100% privacy, and you being shown as the hoster. Going to cost you though. ;)

edit:

The thread you posted to states generic hostnames through your domain register, just masking the IP through your own domain. As I stated in my first post replying to the thread, it's the norm. A dedicated IP is the next level up from that, which you will usually pay for it from a huge amount of hosts.

You shouldn't really worry about it. If you are doing anything serious and huge with hosting, then you shouldn't be using a reseller in the first place (My personal view) and anyone who cares that much about finding out who your reseller provider is probably wouldn't become your customer anyway.

Last edited:
He is correct, if you want more privacy, get a dedicated server. He is offering you the next best thing on a reseller, a dedicated IP. Even then, on a dedicated server that IP address can be traced back to a specific company where you rent or co-locate the dedicated server because they would have bought a specific range of IP's (Like The Planet etc.). The Planet also owns their own datacentres, which would be the only way you too can get 100% privacy, and you being shown as the hoster. Going to cost you though. ;)

edit:

The thread you posted to states generic hostnames through your domain register, just masking the IP through your own domain. As I stated in my first post replying to the thread, it's the norm. A dedicated IP is the next level up from that, which you will usually pay for it from a huge amount of hosts.

You shouldn't really worry about it. If you are doing anything serious and huge with hosting, then you shouldn't be using a reseller in the first place (My personal view) and anyone who cares that much about finding out who your reseller provider is probably wouldn't become your customer anyway.

Yes, why would they when they can go direct to the host
for a better offer then I can offer...I am not talking about
being super hidden, but I would like to be somewhat anonymous,
even if it is a ns1.site3.com - that does not look so bad as,
MrHostUK.com now does it...?

I swear to god, I am not working on my setup...MrHostUk's staff is retarded...
he keeps saying my private nameserver is setup, but yet it still points too
his server...he thinks his IP is my private server? because just yesterday
I had a private NS:

ns1.seolinkspider.com
ns2.seolinkspider.com

goto dnswatch.info and tell me what NS you see
setup...do you think it is my private NS...

Why cant I just find a quality reseller that can
do what I want, and provide quality service?

Dynash is correct, even if you get a dedicated IP it will still point back to my server. Please also take notice infuture of this in the footer of every email.

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

In response to your email.

Your issue has been resolved.

http://www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?la=en&host=seolinkspider.com&type=A&submit=Resolve

In response to your email, we will be purchasing a new domain for private nameserves very soon. However they are never fully private.

Resellers without private nameservers will point their domains to the anonymous nameservers associated with their account's server.
Site 5

That would still lead back in a WHOIS so, there is no way for it to be 100% anonymous.

Sorry For This Inconvenience

Back