• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for Free Web service...

usblootp

Hey. I'm tring to look for a Good web server to place my OOTP4 Online League on. Here is what I am looking for

100 megz of web space
2+ gigz bandwidth
Option to Upload using FTP
E-mail access, either pop, or Forward...
No ads, whatsoever, that includes no pop-ups, banners, or exit banners
Be able to upload a 4 megz zip file (for the league)

I dunno what else to look for, because im not too experienced at web access. Any help, or if you have web space, feel free to e-mail me at usblootp@aol.com, PM me, or simply reply to this post. Thanks!

:)

usblootp.netfirms.com

Last edited:
Originally posted by usblootp
Hey. I'm tring to look for a Good web server to place my OOTP4 Online League on. Here is what I am looking for

100 megz of web space
2+ gigz bandwidth
Option to Upload using FTP
E-mail access, either pop, or Forward...
No ads, whatsoever, that includes no pop-ups, banners, or exit banners

I dunno what else to look for, because im not too experienced at web access. Any help, or if you have web space, feel free to e-mail me at usblootp@aol.com, PM me, or simply reply to this post. Thanks!

:)

usblootp.netfirms.com

I don't think anyone would give you that for free with nothing in return. :)

Originally posted by usblootp
I might be able to settle for a banner ad, but i don't want it to be much more then simply an ad banner

I don't think there is a free host with 100MB/2GBBandwidth/etc, but if there is it will die in a few days. :)

You should go pay if you want that much space/Bandwidth. :)

Originally posted by CommunityOne

I don't think there is a free host with 100MB/2GBBandwidth/etc, but if there is it will die in a few days. :)

You should go pay if you want that much space/Bandwidth. :)

Remember, I don't know much about web hosting, So I might be talking jibbish. If something you see may be around what i'm looking for, tell me!

As many before me have said, you aren't really gonna get this for free. Their are options however:

If you can stand pop up ads and many ads on downloads:
www.hostultra.com "unlimited space and unlimited transfer" The file size limit however is 1mb. You can split your downloads into 4 1mb downloads
or
store them at www.come2store.com which has "unlimited space and transfer" and a 10mb file size limit, however, you are going to settle with many ads and popups on the download pages.

www.gizba.com Pop up ads I believe. 500mb space and "unlimited" transfer. They say that their file size limit is 500mb, which is hard to believe but it says so in their terms!

12. The maximum file size on you may store on the Gizba servers is 500mb. Files greater than that size will be automatically deleted without notice.

Maybe it is supposed to say 500kb, i dunno:confused:

If possible to live with 50mb
www.stormpages.com "unlimited transfer", banner ads.
www.megspace.com Same as StormPages

If possible to spllt your files into 2mb files
www.zoomraider.uni.cc or any muttle co-brand. 100mb space, unmetered b-width and 2mb file size limit.

If you can stand a super-slow and non-reliable host:
www.host.sk Not sure if they still exist or accept sign ups but they have practically everything and the worst speed and reliablity you could imagine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, your options are limited. Go pay is my opinon!

Originally posted by Matt8

www.gizba.com Pop up ads I believe. 500mb space and "unlimited" transfer. They say that their file size limit is 500mb, which is hard to believe but it says so in their terms!

Maybe it is supposed to say 500kb, i dunno:confused:

Gizba's TOS on the sign up page is messed up. They have a 2.5 mb file size limit, but sometimes they lower it to 1 mb when server abuse is high. I also must warn you that if you're using Gizba as your main host, I'd recommend you keep your site on another free host for instant backup (assuming you use a free URL redirection service such as http://www.ipfox.com/ or http://www.idz.net/), as Gizba has accidentally lost all members' accounts in the past. I believe Gizba is on its fourth or fifth try. However, they've been around for about 1.5 years and they don't seem to give up. Gizba's server speed has also always been super fast for a free host offering so much. I'm using them as one of my site mirrors (I usually can't decide on a single free host, so I use three of them at once and choose one to use as my main host -- this also covers me in case a free host fails; I can just redirect to another one).

Another free host you could try is http://www.dooot.com/ , if you don't mind uploading via browser. They offer 100 mb free webspace, "unmetered" data transfer, a single popunder ad on your site, but they do have a 1.5 mb file size limit. However, if you can live with splitting up your files, they too have a super fast server speed. They're my website's main host.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Matt8

If possible to live with 50mb
www.stormpages.com "unlimited transfer", banner ads.
www.megspace.com Same as StormPages

stormpages seems to be longlasting one, one of my sites which has untouched for the last 3 years is still up there (as a matter of fact I had forgotten about it already.. but came across it in a searchengine heheh ). They used to be called stormloader.com which was a part of icestorm.net

Looking at stormpages, it doesn't look like they support FTP.. It's hard to upload 10 files at once when you have over 1500+ files to upload (all HTML files)

Please remember that i'm tring to find a server that has FTP

Last edited:
Back