• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Many abusers...

trenzterra

NLC
I have run a web hosting service with Megagiga, I wanted to feel what it was like to own a web hosting service.

Guess what?

Yesterday, about 10 people signed up for my service, and abused it. I got a feeling it was the same person. They use it for file storage, and it was over 80kb, and was illegal mp3 files.

Argh...Many people just don't follow the rules!

Some stupid usernames they signed up too.

This morning, I deleted all their mp3 files.

Why do people take for granted when its against the terms and conditions?

sounds more like they were testing your server out. Its a common practice in the underground world to load files onto a server and just see how long it takes them to be deleted, this will give them an idea of how much uploading it would take up.

P.S I didn't do it! I swear! My site is an IRC trading site ;)

Originally posted by rapmaster
sounds more like they were testing your server out. Its a common practice in the underground world to load files onto a server and just see how long it takes them to be deleted, this will give them an idea of how much uploading it would take up.

P.S I didn't do it! I swear! My site is an IRC trading site ;)
they didn't know I was a fast deleter.:D

This morning, I went to the internet and checked out my FTP server, pfft, I saw mp3 files, about 600k - [EDIT]5mb. I deleted all of them, and my server seems to be a little faster now.

Last edited:
Well, 80kB wasn't that bad, was it? And how do you know they were storing? You could have given them at least 24 hours to completely upload their sites. :biggrin2:

This is strange , as I proved on these forums sometime back by my testing any file over 80 kb is automatically deleted within a few minutes.

lol! Don't be a sham trenzterra. Considering how you run your users' CGI scripts you shouldn't complain. :D

anybody can abuse that formmail script. spammers just need to sign up for a free account. Shut it down! you are helping spammers.

Re: Re: Many abusers...

Originally posted by LeX
Rules? What rules?
But of course!
I used to think you weren't born yesterday. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I was born the day before.:D

And, I'm gonna delete the script.

Wonder why megagiga didn't delete it...
Anyway, do you think I can change that limit without megagiga knowing? They accept big files but they have the 80k limit.

Originally posted by meow
Well, 80kB wasn't that bad, was it? And how do you know they were storing? You could have given them at least 24 hours to completely upload their sites. :biggrin2:
complety abuse the site?

I didn't know the abusers till yesterday, prolly they signed up the day before, coz the FTP wasn't working two days ago.

Re: Re: Re: Many abusers...

Originally posted by trenzterra
Anyway, do you think I can change that limit without megagiga knowing?
Yeah, it's terrible all this abuse!
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Sorry T. But this is one funny thread. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Many abusers...

Yeah, it's terrible all this abuse!
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Sorry T. But this is one funny thread. ;)
Well, I think 80kb limit is still better than 100Mb of bandwidth(portland).

Anyway, I think I won't delete anyfiles less than 200kb.

You don't get it? What's funny is that you complain about abuse at the same time as you yourself are already abusing f2s and trying to figure out if you can bend the rules with MegaGiga too.

I really don't mean to bash you. It's just so hilarious. :jump:

You don't get it? What's funny is that you complain about abuse at the same time as you yourself are already abusing f2s and trying to figure out if you can bend the rules with MegaGiga too.

I really don't mean to bash you. It's just so hilarious. :jump:
I get it now. ANything those people who still use my formmail will get a 404 error page :D

Originally posted by trenzterra
they didn't know I was a fast deleter.:D

This morning, I went to the internet and checked out my FTP server, pfft, I saw mp3 files, about 600k - 5000mb. I deleted all of them, and my server seems to be a little faster now.
A 5gb *.mp3 file would probably be a lot of crap anyway.

Back