• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Me vs. Atomhost

black455

Anybody have any idea what the hell happened to them? They've managed to screw me royally over the past week.

If you've been considering hosting with them, I suggest you stay the hell away.

This may not be related, but I thought it's an interesting thing to share with you all...

I was actually considering signing up with Atom Hosting for a while before I went with Prime Net (although I am not really happy with Prime Net either and will likely switch within this week). However, I tried clicking on the 'sign up' page like a good 5-10 times, every time with a '404 error'. I guess that pretty much tells you how 'reliable' and 'good' their service would be...

Forgive me for not going into details (I've bitched and moaned enough in the past week,) but you can get the gist of my problem in this here thread at http://cultforum.com.

Essentially, it seems they've completely gone under in the past week. I have absolutely no access to my account. Their support has suddenly disappeared. Even the answering machine that passed for their phone support is apparently at the bottom of the Pacific with the Mir.

Stay away from them at all costs.

Im not trying to defend them in any way but I do know they made a major move recently. I dont have any idea if they are setup again or anything..I just thought I would share that with you.

I checked their order page. There's picture of person standing on high rock gives a feeling that you are going to commit suicide. ;)

So...
Atomhost owned by globiqnetworks?

By the way, not to be rude, but this isn't the first time I heard that atomhost's support is not so satisfying. Maybe you should have a check yourselves for your support department or whatever.

Bogdan:

I emailed you via this board. Please note that you should reply to the one listed in the body, rather than the hotmail address that I have listed on this message board.

Liam

Bogdan:

I've sent you another one. A bit morse terse this time, but I'll leave it at that.

I have a feeling that ValuableHost has been sending emails to the support addresses listed on the AH site. Which is what I was doing.

Does anybody actually read those?

To current Atomhost customers who are having problems:

http://rsa-networks.com has an offer you can't refuse.

bogodan, i have already thanks for the response although it wasnt the intended one :( And yes i have been sending emails to support with no reply..

"RSA" stands for Russell S. Albee, the former Atomhost guy. He's apparently decided to start his own company. I liked AH's plans, which is why I've signed up with RSA. Hell, you get the first month free if you sign up right now.

Bogdan:

I won't deny that some of the assertions I've made on this and other message boards have been a bit, uh, flamelike, but while I may regret their tone, I don't retract their content.

I have never recieved any email from any AH rep regarding the server transfer.

Numerous emails I sent to the support addresses listed on your site were never answered. The various mechanisms by which you have tried to provide support (such as the original complaint forms that were taken down a few weeks ago) have never really worked. The message board, when it was actually running, was a poor vehicle to provide support.

I've run into quite a few former (and soon-to-be former) customers who have experienced the same problems.

I hereby promise to stop my unsolicited spouting off about Atomhost. If someone asks for opinions, however, I won't hesitate to relate the issues I've had with your company.

Later, and good luck,

—Liam

Back