• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Megagiga and such...

Originally posted by Ryan_man
Yeah or how about if you don't have a FAX or SCANNER? idiots. Plus I live in The Great White North, and i'm not paying the long distance fees just so I can get 10% more hits a day. CA sux admit it. Their contract is almost as if your buying a car or doing your taxes or buying life insurance, it's dumb. They don't need a fricking signature, it's all bull.

This is just pityful. People who actually start their OWN host has to fork over hundreds to thousands of dollars for just their server and connection fees, and here you are with a chance of using this service for free. And yet your complaining about needing to sign a simple document and paying a low free of a buck to send it?

Originally posted by cowax
This is just pityful. People who actually start their OWN host has to fork over hundreds to thousands of dollars for just their server and connection fees, and here you are with a chance of using this service for free. And yet your complaining about needing to sign a simple document and paying a low free of a buck to send it?
exactly! glad to see there are others with the ability to comprehend this simple logic.

LoL. Yeah this sure is "pityful" (buy a dictionary for me will you?). this just sounds like another gang bashing post so i'll leave it at that. I guess you people just can't get it into your little 12 year old heads, that CA will be making money off of me, so they should be kissing my ass. Why did they fork over "hundreds" of dollars to start a free host? To MAKE MONEY! I didn't want to start a free host off another free host to make money, that's the difference here. I wanted to start one for the sake of my visitors. CA is in it for money, I am in it for my visitors. You got that now? You gang bashing opinion taking 12 year old nerds. You all don't really get what free hosts are out there to do. It's not to provide a free service to hundreds of people who just don't trust giving their credit cards out on the over populated internet. They do it for a profit. Therefor, I should not have to spend "1 cent" out of my pocket just to make their wallets thicker in width. That's it, it's final, stop b*tching over the fact that your wrong, and i'm right.

Originally posted by Ryan_man
I guess you people just can't get it into your little 12 year old heads, that CA will be making money off of me

yeah, we get it. it's just that you can't get it through your thick skull that it is a business they are are running... and businesses make money [i know, i know... what a radical concept!!]. how else do you want them to provide it to you for free?? all it takes is simple common sense man, i'm sure if you try hard enough you can muster some up.

they're in it for money because it's a business, genius. sheez, you're really starting to surprise me. all this general knowledge is flying right over your head.

oh yeah, you're wrong... :cool:

Do you even read my posts? I said the reason I think they should be kissing MY ass is because if I partner with them, in the long run i'm making money for them. Idiot, read, then reply. Reply, then read. Are you starting to get the idea yet? Or should I type in a different language? Maybe french? Spanish? Oh I know, it's the A$$HOLE language!!

Ryan, what the hell are you complaining about? They are paying for your bandwidth costs and server costs. Yes, they may make money off you in the long run, but every free web host makes money off their users in the long run, that is the point of a business. I'm guessing that making money is also the point why many of us here have a site(I do it mainly as a hobby but I know there are many professionals out there). I don't think faxing over an agreement is outragoes. I had to fax over a agreement to join a sponser once and guess what, THEY ARE MAKING MONEY OFF ME TOO.
I joined Megagiga because setup is easier and a top and foot banner isn't unreasonable if you look at the ads of other free webhosts such as crosswinds, spaceports, and webjump. I started 4 days ago and I already have 9 users. Megagiga makes you sign a contract too, just not fax it.

So no, they should not be kissing your ass to get you to sign up, they have many other clients who want to use their service. If you don't want to spend a freakin dollar and fax over a agreement then I suggest you lay down the money and buy your own server and bandwidth.

CA, megagiga, and such will benefit you in the long run too(you are benefitting from their services, ever think of that?)

??? I never said I was complaining. All I said is that it's pointless. P O I N T L E S S to have a "signed" contract. It's like I said, pointless. No one needs a signed contract for a free service. You show me the rules on the net where it says you need a manditory signed contract to use a free service. It would be so much more easier if they just had a regular online contract. Basically have it exactly the same, but without the manditory signature. I was never complaining I was trying to explain the reason why I'm not signing up for CA, and everyone jumped on me. I mean lol. I live in Canada, ok? I'm not paying long distant charges for an unessisary signature. And again, like I said before, I don't need them. So if they don't need me, and my 1500 unique visitors a day, then it doesn't bother me. I run a gaming site not one of those "webmaster" resources found so much today. Sure, it would be nice to run a FWP section for gamers and their clans to host a page on, but it's not like as if my webpage's life depends on it. That's all im saying, so stop telling me i'm a moron, because i'm not reading this nonsense post anymore.

That depends on which way you look at it. When you sign up with megagiga or CA, you are entering a business partnership with them. They offer you a chance to start your own host while they get some shared ad space with you on your host. It is a business partnership and like all respectable business partnerships there must be a signed contract. This guarantees a fair deal and makes sure that they and you don't screw each other other.

Now I don't know if there is any person here that would enter a business partnership with someone else without a signed contract. I surely wouldn't entered such without a clear written-out contract and I don't think any intellegent businessman would either. A business has to protect itself.

OK, I kept my mouth shut for a while, but I just can leave it this way anymore.
I think it's useless to fax a contract to someone that offers a free service. It's just plain stupid, you're not going to let your visitors sign a contract because they enter your site? They also take bandwidth from you don't they? And information? Never thought about that?
On the other hand, it's not that hard to fax a small piece of paper, just to get some free webspace. Your not selling your soul are you? If they have a contract with you, they can arange something against you if you break the rules.

ryan_man's arguments no longer make any sense. he tells me read then reply, like he's some kinda smart guy, but that's exactly what i'm doing :cool:

some people just can't admit it when they're wrong. all these people with great arguments against his, and all he's able to do is call names! ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!.....

Anyone succeeded with communityarchitect matter?

Did they offered you that free hosting after you sent the fax?

Sometimes ago (about a year ago) I faxed it but they asked for money. From that time I have heared that they have changed their plans and have a free plan too.

I am not sure so I ask you ! Do they really offer it for free?

Mac

Back