• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Merged] The Most Members

In order to offset server costs and bandwidth bills, Something Awful is charging a one time only $9.95 fee for a forum account registration. As we all know, the Internet industry is pretty much a craphole these days, and the only way website owners can break even is by charging subscriptions. I want to keep the main site and content free of charge, so your registrations and donations help keep both the forums and main server alive, as well as keeping me out of prison for murdering advertising executives.

With that much use, you'd have to charge people to use it. That's insane. it's amazing that there are still so many members when it takes so little to get you banned.

Originally posted by murat
1300 users at the same time ?? the webmaster must be rich to pay this traffic
He owns http://sanethosting.com so bandwidth is no longer a problem.

The forums are load balanced between two servers:
SERVER #1: Dell Xeon 2.2 GHz w/ 2 GIG RAM
SERVER #2: Dell Dual P3 1.2 GHz w/ 2 GIG RAM

biggest forum on the net?

hardforums.com
Registered Members: 45,737
226,557 threads in total
2,511,793 posts in total

That is just insane! I'd hate to see that guy's bandwidth bill! Do you know of another forum that is bigger than that?

Back