• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fried

Why do people these days hate Microsoft too much?
I don't see them doing anything bad.

If you hate Microsoft, then why use a Microsoft operating system?
Just because their browser isn't good as FireFox's, does that make them evil?

Let's start a debate/discussion in this topic about if Microsoft is a good company or not.

Last edited:
Why do people these days hate Microsoft too much?
I don't see them doing anything bad.

Let's start a debate/discussion in this topic.

haha well to be honest I saw this topic "Microsoft" and thought yay m$ bagging time :D but it seems you like m$ so lets debate,

Do you like a billion dolla corp becuse they have done so well to protect children online? See they SELL Child protection software but as for giving us some protection on the OS NO NEVER well I lie vista has protection but gay protection and its mostly to stop them playing so many games.
A corp of this size could easly spend a tiny bit more money intergrading childprotection software in to there OS but they dont, Why? Becuse they would rather make money out of childprotection than really protect them.

In other news so many times has old bill went to show off his new version of windows to the world and it crashs in frount of 1000s this proves they release stuff to fast and dont really think about what there doing untill its done
So windows is based on halfassed code not really thought through instead they would rather release totaly crap betas and annoy the crap out of 10000s of people world wide than wait untill they have a decent beta to release
The first vista beta crashed on install lol
Windows (r) defended beta had some kinda ----ed up cpu issue that most software devs wouldnt even release a beta with that bug in it.......

On to your other thing why use windows?
Honstly Iv been thinking the same latley why the ---- am i using windows
Im planning on fixing this soon by going *nix with a GUI. :p:beer:

Do you like a billion dolla corp becuse they have done so well to protect children online? See they SELL Child protection software but as for giving us some protection on the OS NO NEVER well I lie vista has protection but gay protection and its mostly to stop them playing so many games.
A corp of this size could easly spend a tiny bit more money intergrading childprotection software in to there OS but they dont, Why? Becuse they would rather make money out of childprotection than really protect them.
If you don't like their child protection software, don't use it. It's not their problem you don't like it. They never done anything wrong to anyone. I wouldn't expect you'd like every single software a company sells.

In other news so many times has old bill went to show off his new version of windows to the world and it crashs in frount of 1000s this proves they release stuff to fast and dont really think about what there doing untill its done
So windows is based on halfassed code not really thought through instead they would rather release totaly crap betas and annoy the crap out of 10000s of people world wide than wait untill they have a decent beta to release
The first vista beta crashed on install lol
Windows (r) defended beta had some kinda ----ed up cpu issue that most software devs wouldnt even release a beta with that bug in it.......
It's called business. Bill is simply advertising his software, not showing off. Otherwise you can say that every company in the world is a show off for advertising.

OK so their software crashed in front of 1000s, does that make them a evil company? Just because one of their softwares crashes in an important show. All humans make mistakes. It's called a human error.

Also,, no offense but can you please do me a favor and post in full grammar and spelling? It's very hard for me to understand what you are saying, therefore I can't debate much with you. Also put your post in proper paragraphs. Please don't take this as an offense, I'm just kindly asking you. :)

Last edited:
I think it's mainly the lack of security and their abuse of their monopoly. They lack originality also, they barely invented anything.

Also ethics are issues. They could cut the price in half and still make billions. From a few lines of faulty code they wasted 225 million tonnes of CO2 ($25 billion worth of energy).

they wasted 225 million tonnes of CO2 ($25 billion worth of energy).

Phoof, you say this, but society does not care about such dangers as Global Warming, by this I mean AMERICANS. Yes okay, all of us waste energy, but least some countries are trying to stop a little.

Back to Microsoft, yeah it does have errors, and bugs, and viruses, and the list goes on. This is mainly due to people exploiting them, Other OS's such as Linux, damn Ubuntu is great, but yeah - there are less exploits due to less people having knowledge and understanding of it.

Exploits such as viruses can be 'installed' into any type of Operating System, Windows just has this much because it is the Main OS, and probably always will be for a long period of time to come (Until Global Warming catches up, Aliens invade and kill us all or The FWS Free Web Hosting Requesters drive us all crazy).

I think it's mainly the lack of security and their abuse of their monopoly. They lack originality also, they barely invented anything.

Every operating system has viruses, exploits or bugs. It takes a great deal of time and money to create an operating system. :)

Not every company is designed to invent stuff. For example web hosting companies aren't meant to invent stuff. So I don't see why you hate Microsoft because of that.

They invented many things. Xbox, Operating Systems, programming languages, many softwares, Microsoft office, Zunes, games.

The amount of software that they have invented is countless. But I don't see why you should think a company is evil/bad because they haven't invented loads of stuff.

No, they created the XBOX, Zune, etc. They invented nothing.

If they invented the game console then I'd be impressed. If they invented the mp3 player then I'd be impressed. But they didn't. They simply created a new product.

And we're mainly talking about the OS when somebody says they hate microsoft. For example, they didn't invent the concept of windows (I mean the drag and resize stuff not the OS), they didn't invent icons, they didn't invent the mouse, nor the PC etc.

Tailzehhhh, society DOES care about Global Warming. It's one of the biggest threats to man kind to date.

No, they created the XBOX, Zune, etc. They invented nothing.

If they invented the game console then I'd be impressed. If they invented the mp3 player then I'd be impressed. But they didn't. They simply created a new product.

And we're mainly talking about the OS when somebody says they hate microsoft. For example, they didn't invent the concept of windows (I mean the drag and resize stuff not the OS), they didn't invent icons, they didn't invent the mouse, nor the PC etc.

Tailzehhhh, society DOES care about Global Warming. It's one of the biggest threats to man kind to date.

Web hosting providers don't invent anthing.
FreeWebSpace.net doesn't invent anything. Why visit it?

So, you're saying, every company that doesn't invent anything, is bad/evil?

I have been studying Economics for quite a while and it seems as if Microsoft has one of the biggest monopolies, which they have abused at times. By being able to control all the major factors in their own market, they have driven out alot of competition and now have the ability to fix prices without it significantly affecting demand.

Because it comes installed on every major PC sold in the world?

Are you insinuating that people hate Microsoft just because of their horrible browser?

Not every company is designed to invent stuff. For example web hosting companies aren't meant to invent stuff. So I don't see why you hate Microsoft because of that.
If 95% of computer users use a product, you should expect them to create something original instead of just copying Apple.

They invented many things. Xbox, Operating Systems, programming languages, many softwares, Microsoft office, Zunes, games.
They invented nothing.

If you don't like their child protection software, don't use it. It's not their problem you don't like it. They never done anything wrong to anyone. I wouldn't expect you'd like every single software a company sells.
Are you stupid?

Web hosting providers don't invent anthing.
FreeWebSpace.net doesn't invent anything. Why visit it?

So, you're saying, every company that doesn't invent anything, is bad/evil?

FWS doesn't make billions of dollars by selling something that uses mainly other people's inventions.

Mr. Johnson. 2 of those quotes were not aimed at you. And 4 of your replies aren't helping the debate.

If 95% of computer users use a product, you should expect them to create something original instead of just copying Apple.

They didn't 'copy' Apple. They simply created their own operating system.

You might as well say that Sony copied Sega. Every web host in the world copied the first web hosting in the world. Every proxy in the world copied the first proxy in the world. Every forum software copied the first forum software.

I don't see why Microsoft should not create they're own product of the same idea if millions of other companies are. Otherwise you should say that every company is bad, even Google's Gmail.

FWS doesn't make billions of dollars by selling something that uses mainly other people's inventions.

OK. And how exactly does that make Microsoft bad by making billions of dollars? You must be jelous of Microsoft. They have never done anything wrong. Do you call making billions of dollars wrong? Once bill gates even donated 40 million dollars to a charity.

Because they've become a monopoly over something they didn't invent. They don't deserve to be as big as they are.

And yes, they did copy Apple, for example the icon or the movable windows. Apple were the first to use the mouse - although they didn't invent it, it was their idea to use it how it is used today.

Because they've become a monopoly over something they didn't invent. They don't deserve to be as big as they are.

And yes, they did copy Apple, for example the icon or the movable windows. Apple were the first to use the mouse - although they didn't invent it, it was their idea to use it how it is used today.

How about web hosting? All web host's use an e-mail address for support, right? So why not also say that every web hosting is evil/bad?

How about cars? They all have steering wheels. They all have windows.

How about your proxies? They have adverts. They have a logo. Rofl.

Lol, I enjoyed reading this thread. I have read a lot of these debates on microsoft and in all of them the points quoted are almost the same.

Lets go back to the begining - Microsoft started out as nothing, then they made something {an os} and marketed it well and it became a world wide sensation. The fact that they may have copied the idea from another company is irrelevant here BECAUSE,
*They have not done anything illegal
*If they copied it from somewhere then it means that the idea already existed, Well if the idea already existed then WHY didn't the company which developed the original idea make it a success ?

Microsoft has grown into such a formidable force now that it is only natural there are so many microsoft haters :)
The fact is, if it was linux that 90 % of the world was using then these people would have been linux haters.

I can understand why companies are pissed off by microsoft's monopoly, because the sheer presence of this software giant in any field can cause the death of the small competitors {yes thats a bad thing too}. But there will always be formidable opponents, the key to becoming a success is not by getting pissed off at the competitions monopoly and cry "I can't do it because he controls the market", instead come up with new ideas that would take you there {Who's stopping you ?} Remember the fact that microsoft, google etc all started out as small companies and have attained this monopoly through an initial brainstorm & then through their ruthless business tactics {you need that to survive}

Why on earth would the users be such microsoft haters ? If you don't like microsoft products there are PLENTY of other options to almost all microsoft products. I for one am pissed at some of the products of microsoft, but i use alternative products.

Thanks for reading this ... Awaiting responses { here we go again ;) }

Thank you thedarkknight, I agree with you. :) Especially the part about Linux and about the idea existing, those are really good points.

Last edited:
Gopzap, you asked a simple question - why do people hate microsoft? I tried to tell you why people do but you're too ignorant to realise, you're just looking for some way to twist my words to say something else. Just FYI, I don't have that much of a problem with microsoft, it's just their monopoly status and buggy programs that I hate. Mac & Linux don't have NEARLY as many bugs as microsoft, and they have hardly any virii / adware. You may say that Microsoft only have a great deal of these because they are a monopoly and are what everybody uses - if so, why don't they spend some of their billions completely ironing out those bugs. We'll see how Vista handles, who knows, maybe people will change their mind about Microsoft. If you want more reasons go to wikipedia and type "microsoft". There's some info about their misdoings and such.

I'm not having any more discussion in this thread unless I see something which I majorly disagree with.

Gopzap, you asked a simple question - why do people hate microsoft? I tried to tell you why people do but you're too ignorant to realise, you're just looking for some way to twist my words to say something else. Just FYI, I don't have that much of a problem with microsoft, it's just their monopoly status and buggy programs that I hate. Mac & Linux don't have NEARLY as many bugs as microsoft, and they have hardly any virii / adware. You may say that Microsoft only have a great deal of these because they are a monopoly and are what everybody uses - if so, why don't they spend some of their billions completely ironing out those bugs. We'll see how Vista handles, who knows, maybe people will change their mind about Microsoft. If you want more reasons go to wikipedia and type "microsoft". There's some info about their misdoings and such.

Well yes, I asked that question, but I meant that we should debate if Microsoft is a good company or not. And the way you posted was that you hated Microsoft.

BTW the only reason Mac and Linux don't have viruses is because not many people use them.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my first post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back