• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Gopzap, Microsoft did copy Apple. You can learn more by watching Pirates of Sillicon Valley or something like that lol :p

They didn't COPY. They used the same idea. If they copied, then everyone would of used Apple instead of Microsoft. They simply decided to do the same sort of business as Apple, but then it turned out Microsoft made better products than Apple.

Web hosting companies, car companies, computer companies, housing companies, car insurances all use the same idea. They all compete.

Therefore why shouldn't Microsoft?

They didn't COPY. They used the same idea. If they copied, then everyone would of used Apple instead of Microsoft. They simply decided to do the same sort of business as Apple, but then it turned out Microsoft made better products than Apple.
Gopzap, again, are you stupid? Apple wanted to be their own platform, but Microsoft licensed out their software to PC manufacturers. Since most people buy PC's not from Apple, but from HP, Dell, Gateway etc., Windows became the most used OS.

They didn't 'copy' Apple. They simply created their own operating system.
No, they almost identically copied Apple's OS, and were able to get away with it because of a poorly crafted lawsuit -- Apples fault.

You might as well say that Sony copied Sega. Every web host in the world copied the first web hosting in the world. Every proxy in the world copied the first proxy in the world. Every forum software copied the first forum software.
Uh...yeah, that is what happened.

I don't see why Microsoft should not create they're own product of the same idea if millions of other companies are. Otherwise you should say that every company is bad, even Google's Gmail.
Again, it's not the fact that it was copied that angers people, it's the fact that they did not innovate on it. Gmail made an email system that was hot sex and different. Oh, and Millions of other companies have made OS's?

Mr. Johnson,

I'm not going to reply to you if you are just going to call me stupid.

Your first quote is correct. But it doesn't help in the debate.

They did not copy Apple. Copying is when you look at Apple's products, and when making your own product you're trying to make it look like Apple's. Microsoft used their ideas, yes. But did not copy. If they COPIED, people would of bought more from Apple instead of Microsoft, because Apple are the original creators. Just like every car is based on the same idea. Every OS I know is based on the same idea.

Your third quote doesn't help in the debate.

They did not innovate it? Microsoft made an OS and it WAS different than OS X, I don't even need to tell you the difference. No, not millions of companies made OS's, because they aren't smart enough, but this was an example, not a fact.

It seems you are taking this debate as a serious argument. This thread is meant for a bit of friendly discussion. Calling people stupid won't get you anywhere.

Last edited:
Has anyone who likes Microsoft ever used Microsoft Outlook? Every time you send and receive, god kills TWO babies.

Gopzap, forget it. If you're going to ignore all the parts in which you're wrong, decide whether or not something is a good argument and make things up, by all means, continue and ruin any respectability you may, or may not have left.

BTW the only reason Mac and Linux don't have viruses is because not many people use them.

60% of the WORLDS networks / servers / telecommunication systems are based on the linux kernel, FACT., even top of the range mobile phones are adapting the kernel for themselves.....

Theres no excuse at all, how comes Bill Gates can donate $400million to 3rd world countries but he can't even spend a few bucks on maintaining his software properly.

They are ignorant of the little guy, that will be thier undoing.....

You're not making a point either.

I didn't try :tired2:

And the thing about Microsoft being hated because it widely used is bull----.. Google's just as widely used and it's not hated? Same with Coke? Fender? Sony? Nike?

Gopzap telling people they aren't helping the debate isn't very friendly either. Anyways a debate is where you hear different views and opinions, why should you be the one to decide what does and does not help a debate?

Alright fine,

Since I'm causing a problem here then I'll just stop posting in this topic, even though I'm the one who started it. =/

If you don't like their child protection software, don't use it. It's not their problem you don't like it. They never done anything wrong to anyone. I wouldn't expect you'd like every single software a company sells.

It's called business. Bill is simply advertising his software, not showing off. Otherwise you can say that every company in the world is a show off for advertising.

OK so their software crashed in front of 1000s, does that make them a evil company? Just because one of their softwares crashes in an important show. All humans make mistakes. It's called a human error.

Also,, no offense but can you please do me a favor and post in full grammar and spelling? It's very hard for me to understand what you are saying, therefore I can't debate much with you. Also put your post in proper paragraphs. Please don't take this as an offense, I'm just kindly asking you. :)

lol no offence taken.
I can do that but im simpley to lazy.
must be becuse im getting oldman2

Well yes, I asked that question, but I meant that we should debate if Microsoft is a good company or not. And the way you posted was that you hated Microsoft.

BTW the only reason Mac and Linux don't have viruses is because not many people use them.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my first post.

That is the excuess most m$ lovers use.

No its really not that, *nix its the most used server OS!!! hence making viruses for it is a go and mostlikley more meaning full than making a virus for a home user (most of the time) depends what you want it for......
the reason is:
it dont support as much making it harder to exploit than windows.:beer:

Why do people these days hate Microsoft too much?
I don't see them doing anything bad.

Educate yourself. This dates back decades, to their anti-competitive nature. Their extreme pricing, lack of features, crap all security, lack of decent support for their customers, who they ---- on.

This goes for all their products.

If you hate Microsoft, then why use a Microsoft operating system?

I don't. Stop making retarded assumptions.

Just because their browser isn't good as FireFox's, does that make them evil?

Nobody said they were evil, just pure crap.

And it's not just firefox.

Linux > Windows
OpenOffice > MS Office
MySQL > MSSQL
PHP > ASP
Apache > IIS
Firefox > IE
Thunderbird > Outlook
Google > MSN
Wikipedia > Encarta

Let's start a debate/discussion in this topic about if Microsoft is a good company or not.

I just ended it. There is nothing to debate, Microsoft are a bunch of losers. Any decent software engineers at Microsoft have already left for Google, and Steve Ballmer has been known to throw a chair across the room because of that :lol:

btw. Don't say people don't use linux / GNU

Google runs 200,000 Linux servers, and their search is powered by MySQL database.
And which search engine is the most powerful in the world? Say again? THAT'S RIGHT, THE ONE USING THE BEST SOFTWARE IN THE WORLD - OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE!!!!

Last edited:
I'm going to get a mod to close this. Sheesh, everyone's all taking it like a real fight about politics. Especially Starcraftmazter. People these days... All I asked for is a discussion. Not a flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back