• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"Millenium Hosting" is BIG SCAM charged $2,400 after 3 days of "unlimited bandwidth"

computerhelpworld said:
I really think that this should be solved with more privacy. This argueing between the two parties involved in a public forum helps no one. As of now there has not been hard proof (screen shots of bandwidth usage and etc) by either one of the involved parties. So until either one of you is able to do that I suggest you settle this via private emails or phone calls.

After everything is sorted out, then maybe you can give everyone an over-view of your experience with this host.

good point computerhelpworld.

i think we should see some screenshots of bw usage...

All I can say is only a fool would believe that 500gb would cost so darn little.

"But he did post on this forum this other plan (and as of this writing he has not edited the post), he offers 500GB bandwidth for $14,50 a month in a post dated October 11th:"

devianthoster , as a bystander and party of no vested interested, I beg to differ on your claim of being "not your problem to provide". My take is that you are indirectly involved one way or another, especially if you are offering hosting too. This affects your reputation as an honest and reliable, not forgetting responsible host.

It is therefore in your own interest to set the record straight and clear things up. being host ourselves, we would have helped bo get his backup back and move on.

A simple gesture will go a long way towards your reputation and creditability and your claim of being "only the server owner".

My 2 cents.

computerhelpworld said:
I really think that this should be solved with more privacy. This argueing between the two parties involved in a public forum helps no one. As of now there has not been hard proof (screen shots of bandwidth usage and etc) by either one of the involved parties. So until either one of you is able to do that I suggest you settle this via private emails or phone calls.

After everything is sorted out, then maybe you can give everyone an over-view of your experience with this host.

It really doesn't matter if he consumed 1.2TB of bandwidth. The fact of the matter is, it's the host's responsbility to make sure that clients do not utilize more than their allocated bandwidth AND to make sure they have a proper terms of service and acceptable use policy that would cover them for overage bandwidth charges incurred by the client.

Since they do not have neither a quota system in place (or at least a working one) and they have no TOS or AUP, therefore, the client cannot be held liable for any charges outside of what was originally agreed upon.

The client may have used 1.2TB of bandwidth, but we do not know if the agreement really was for "unlimited bandwidth". How a host can allow a client to consume 1.2TB and not notice is beyond me.

This is a perfect example of two things:

1. Offers such as these that are 'too good to be true' are normally too good to be true and shouldn't be touched even with a 9 foot pole.

2. People who want to run a hosting company need to understand they are providing a service to people and must run their company like a real company and not like some street corner newspaper vendor who can just make up his prices and rules as he goes along.

Some people assume that there was indeed some extreme BW usage, but I didn't see any unusual bandwidth usage when I had access to the CPanel account.

Two days ago I PMed this guy DeviantHoster who claims has proof of BW usage, but he hasn't responded so far, and I don't think he will -- because he is either the same scammer Mike Erwin or he is a close associate. For the record, www.milleniumhosting.net was not run by Mike Erwin alone, but with two other people. So they can be the ones supporting Mike Erwin (or whatever his real name is) on this and other threads by registering multiple handles.

Also, there is now another thread by another forum member who says he's been scammed by www.milleniumhosting.net

As an additional note, I contacted MilleniumHosting.net, and personally spoke to Mike Erwin about is lack of copyright on his PHPNuke Installation...

He then banned me.

I was told not to worry about the copyright for the phpnuke i explained what happend and they had me paste the code in the footer when that didnt work i was told not to worry about it and as far as banning you yes you were making just as much fun as river was

Attachments

• graphImage[1][1].php.png
    graphImage[1][1].php.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
mikeerwin said:
I was told not to worry about the copyright for the phpnuke i explained what happend and they had me paste the code in the footer when that didnt work i was told not to worry about it and as far as banning you yes you were making just as much fun as river was
If I'm reading that correctly.. which I don't think I am, it's reading across 9 days.. not 3.. And... Isn't that a speed graph anyway?

mikeerwin said:

Who at PHPNuke told you not having the copyright was ok and "Not to worry about it?"

Im not going to get into another heated discussion. If you want to turn me in go ahead
i did what was asked by putting the code into the footer of phpnuke it didnt work. So unless you are the programmer of phpnuke then dont worry about it. I did what i was asked.

mikeerwin said:
Im not going to get into another heated discussion. If you want to turn me in go ahead
i did what was asked by putting the code into the footer of phpnuke it didnt work. So unless you are the programmer of phpnuke then dont worry about it. I did what i was asked.

Read this (quote from gnu/gpl license):
Quote:
c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License. (Exception: if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print such an announcement, your work based on the Program is not required to print an announcement.)

The point here is that as soon as php-nuke becomes an INTERACTIVE program, you MUST display an ANNOUNCEMENT including APPROPRIATE copyright notice. In this case APPROPRIATE is defined by author.

So removing or even changing copyrights of php-nuke is ILLEGAL (civilly).

And since you are a "Commercial Business" allbeit Sole Propreitor, Limited Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation, etc, etc, etc. The organization, could in theory sue you, as you earn revenue with their system without publicly making the notification of their assistance available.

mikeerwin said:
Hello Mike, good to see you back in the forums.

You had time to reflect by now; why don't you give me my files back? I trusted you, and you stung me in my good faith. Be honorable and return my files, it's a lot of writing in those files, just plain blog writing, that doesn't belong to you and you have no use for... why keep it? You can still rectifiy your karma and say "my name is Ed..."

Don't be needlessly mean. Return my files. You know I did nothing wrong other than trusting your promises.

mikeerwin said:

That graph you attached..it doesn't show any relevant information to this accusation/case.

Folks, the graph that Mike Erwin posted begins in October 1st, and it's not true because my domain was bought October 12!

So you know that graph is phoney as hell, and it only shows transfer rate in mbps, not bandwidth usage...

But even if the graphic was true, the increase you see from October 13 to October 17th could never amount to 2400GB bandwidth usage like you claim Mike... and then again, if usage was bothering you, why didn't you say something? You didn't say anything, because it was an "unlimited bandwidth" plan Mike, that's why.

Last edited:
How about we just end this?

Bolonki: you got tricked yes. But you were also foolish to think that there was a thing as "unlimited bandwidth" hosting plan. DO SOME RESEARCH.

Mike: DEAL WITH THIS PRIVATELY! As stated before in this thread, there is no legal binding that says he has to pay you due to your poor website and no TOS.

I agree that this should have been a private conversation... but I am using this forum as the only way I have to communicate with Mike Erwin because he does not reply to private messages or emails. And the thread also serves as warning to other people, both about MilleniumHosting.net and the pitfalls of new "hosts" that offer way more than they can deliver and are actually out to scam good faith individuals... btw, the other guy (if he is indeed another guy, which I doubt) devianthoster, has not replied to my PMs either...

Last edited:
Does Mike have your credit card number? Has he made any actual charges? If you answered no, then just ignore him and his "bills" or "invoices" or whatever you guys are calling them these days.

Although it is a sad reccommendation, ignore him. If he repeatadly calls your house or something, report harrassment. Easy as that.

Back