• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Misleading?

There are plenty of jokers out there who offer 50Gb and 100Gb for like $10-$15 per month with unlimited bandwidth
i really think no webhost could afford giving such kinds of quotas
now my question to all you experienced fellas is that,
is it feasable and wise to go in with such a host...
what if i use up like 5TB of bandwidth
and practically all the disk space?
what happens...
if they terminate the account, is there any way to complaint...or a refund maybe?

please tell me
and tell me some names of webhosts who are following the practice of overselling and terminating paid accounts for excess use of bandwidth or diskspace

first of all if you're warezing it up then good luck they will find one way or another with their greed to terminate you to hell. and no you cannot complain or get a refund becuase you violated their TOS. But you can get a refund if their TOS specifically states taht you're allowed to link to warez.

i have no clue who terminates for excess use, but i do know a lot of oversellers out there basicallly anyone that guaratees you HUGE AMOUNTS OF SPACE AND BANDWIDTH FOR UNDER $15/month is overselling like crazy.

find a host in HK or Malaysia or better yet buy a dedicated server and share it with some of your warez friends, but then again you're limited the bandwidth of like 2000GB usually for around 100/month so you better wish that ur hits turn to revenue, have fun : D

They will terminate you not for excessive use of bandwidth but for other excuses, like "overuse of cpu resource."

There are plenty of jokers out there who offer 50Gb and 100Gb for like $10-$15 per month with unlimited bandwidth
i really think no webhost could afford giving such kinds of quotas
now my question to all you experienced fellas is that,
is it feasable and wise to go in with such a host...
what if i use up like 5TB of bandwidth
and practically all the disk space?
what happens...
if they terminate the account, is there any way to complaint...or a refund maybe?

please tell me
and tell me some names of webhosts who are following the practice of overselling and terminating paid accounts for excess use of bandwidth or diskspace

Just don't host warez and you will be fine in the future pirate2

hmm but if any company owns a data centre and have clustered systems with SAN storage can give huge amounts of storage at lowcost or at dirt cheap prices also a average normal user not use his full space.
you can go for servage they allow you to use full space of around 300gb you can also use their space as a remote backup storage i am already currently using more than 56 GB space to store my backups and files etc.
also pls note that to host illegal content and use their space for warez etc is not allowed but if u want to use their space as your personal remote backup place then i think SERVAGE is best.

All i can advise you is steer clear of "unlimited" hosts , How can you have unlimited disk space & b/w When even they have a limit to what there server can use. Its a farce the only reason companies do this as they know customers will not use all of the resources & customers think that its a great deal and jump to buy it. Go for a more reputable host in future

Good luck bud.

Back