• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Most reliable host and most respected host review site ?

prem

When we search for Best Host, google comes up with so many sites and ads thats its so tough to find out which reviews are reliable and which is the best site ?

Can you please let me know :

1) Which are the top 5 hosts (say .. what Google is to search engine ... this host is to web hosts )

2) Which is the most reliable review site or ranking site for webhosts .. ?

Will appreciate an honest answer... I am so so sick of low cost hosts trying their best with their inexperienced support guys to provide a better service ...

Thanks for reading ..

PS: pls no affiliate links ...

there is no the best host, just the best suitable with your requirements :) Also, are you looking for a host in shared or dedicated environment?
- dedicated server: no bad comment about rackspace.com. They are expensive, but it's worth from what I have heard about them
- shared account: pair.com - the same status

Some other I can recommend
- idologic.com
- httpme.com
- bluewho.com
- a2b2.com
- coreix.com

many hosts. Again, you should state your requirements in more details. And yes, WHT is a big community, and you can see many reviews there

Yes, all those "top ten hosts" sites are usually a quickly put together site of affiliate links. There are very few legitimate review sites and I wouldn't even name them as I am not sure they 100% legitimate.

I was recently considering changing my host (still might) and I watch the host's participation on forums. If they can remain professional throughout the bad and the good, they have half won me over. If they make useless replies to any thread just to show their signature, that tells me they are desperate for clients and I wouldn't do business with them. Take your time, research, observe and eventually you will find a host who is best for you

I agree with Jan,

Many of these review sites are very biased or the hosts had advertised to their clients to go and post a review. It's very impartial.

I would say - visit their site and if the feeling is good, give them a try. Trust your instincts. Apart from that there are a small number of hosts who just have a big reputation.

Best wishes.

An excellent quote from a members a WHT "There is no best host, only the best host for you" You really need to look at your requirements and see which host offers these.

I cannot afford to see my site down for even 5 mins a day ... and so presently I am paying for two cheap servers ... one primary and one backup.. and have a dns separate which monitors the primary and fails over to the secondary ... this mechanism works fine but theres a small delay in the detection and also the backup has to be synched every now and then ... a pain...

My primary server just got bought over by some new guys .. and sites down atleast 10mins a day every day .. (atleast)... so thinking of not caring for the money and going for a more renowned host... i m in the 1gig space 20gig bw range .. i know servers have probs but look at big sites ... they are never down ... smaller hosts do not have the experience and expertise to anticipate and fix issues...

I am not looking for offers here ...

Hows hostindex.. their reviews look ok and most of their links are not affiliate links... (could be direct ad placement :) ) ...

I can still take the hit of a cheap host being less reliable but if I pay more and the sites unreliable ... hat would be more painful. ;)

Back