• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MS Office Outlook 2007

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
Does anyone know how to set it up, to where when I reply to plain text email messages, it will still allow me to use my html settings that I use for all other messages?

My signature is html which uses links and colors, but when I respond to plain text email messages, my signature is also plain text and not the html.

I am trying out incredimail and it allows me to use my signature and all settings regardless of the type of email message that I reply to, but I would like to keep using MS office outlook 2007

Odd, I've had no problems with it. Though, I always send out emails in HTML. Have you tried looking on Microsoft's site?

Odd, I've had no problems with it. Though, I always send out emails in HTML. Have you tried looking on Microsoft's site?

Just how to set things up to send out the HTML emails, but now what to set to always reply in html regardless of the kind of email that was received is.

I even tried looking in the program, and unless I am looking in the wrong place, I don't see nothing.

I have 2 profiles in outlook 2007. However, my email signature for my 2nd profile, is showing in the signature area for my 1st profile. Anyway to stop this from happening?

Well, sorry to ask but why people use Outlook Express ?

Well, sorry to ask but why don't you read posts? Talking about Outlook 2007 not Outlook Express... two different applications...

Does anyone know how to set it up, to where when I reply to plain text email messages, it will still allow me to use my html settings that I use for all other messages?

My signature is html which uses links and colors, but when I respond to plain text email messages, my signature is also plain text and not the html.

I am trying out incredimail and it allows me to use my signature and all settings regardless of the type of email message that I reply to, but I would like to keep using MS office outlook 2007

You can't, that's the whole point of plain text only emails. You cannot insert html into a plain text email because the client won't support it. Even if incredimail allows it, the recipient (correct me if I'm wrong) will receive the mail as plain text.

*I will test this and confirm

Edit:
Check attachment, left is received in plain text and right is sent in HTML... that's why Outlook won't allow you to send it as HTML

Attachments

• email.jpg
    email.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well, sorry to ask but why people use Outlook Express ?

I haven't used outlook express for years. It is no where near as good as outlook 2007 which if you would have read correctly, is what I am using.

Well, sorry to ask but why don't you read posts? Talking about Outlook 2007 not Outlook Express... two different applications...

You can't, that's the whole point of plain text only emails. You cannot insert html into a plain text email because the client won't support it. Even if incredimail allows it, the recipient (correct me if I'm wrong) will receive the mail as plain text.

Edit:
Check attachment, left is received in plain text and right is sent in HTML... that's why Outlook won't allow you to send it as HTML

I know the difference between the two. I was just hoping that you could do it, and I was just not finding the way to do it for some odd reason.

Hopefully in the future, there will be an option for this.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Edit:

Thanks for my correction.:)
I have some doubt in their names.

I did a quick look, I didn't see a way to do it either. I was trying to do it earlier today, the only thing I can think of it to physically switch it at the top, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it otherwise.

I did a quick look, I didn't see a way to do it either. I was trying to do it earlier today, the only thing I can think of it to physically switch it at the top, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it otherwise.

You can change it at the top, but the other stuff still shows as plain text. No big deal really.

Back