• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My 3rd design. Please review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, everything's under severe construction, and I can't really review a site when it consists of a basic layout framework. Therefore, I can only give you suggestions, but you won't get a final grade (and if I gave you a final grade, you would be shocked).

- I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the buttons have a different background color than the darker gray background. This is rather apparent, and I don't really see why this would look good.

- A little plain. Too much yellow. Also, consider using an image instead for the text "Welcome to cheatpark.net!" On the main page, you might want to separate the dates from the actual news with a different color.

- What's up with that form for people to apply for a moderating position? It looks a little strange and out of place. There are just so many blank spaces next to the checkboxes.

- Each title on each page needs its own image. Text doesn't cut it anymore. It doesn't look neat enough.

- Consider having a "hover" color for your links. I think it would be very appropriate for your webpage.

- I don't know why, but overall, the site is very dry, plain, and boring. I'm not really "motivated" to look at all the different sections of the site. Perhaps it's the colors or the lack of information. I think that your site needs more flash; a bigger variety of images and perhaps a skin to go around your two nav bars.

Overall: N/A

I guess I should complete my site first and then ask you to review it. I like the tips you gave me and I'll make sure they get included into the site in some form.

You've probably noticed that I'm sounding crankier and crankier in my reviews, and it's probably true. I hate having so much work in school! :(

An image for the title on each page might be a bit too hard. It would take years to do one for all the cheat pages. I am willing to make the text look a bit different. Any suggestions?

All you need is an image for each major section. For example, one logo for "Cheats". You don't need an image for "Luigi's Mansion" and then "Halo", and then "Super Smash Bros. Melee". Just a general image of Cheats or Reviews would be great! :)

Hmm...I'm not sure myself. Look at some banner generators for some inspiration. You could use bubble text, but I don't think that would be very appropriate. :D

For now, I think I will leave it as it is. Most sites just use plain fonts anyway. But if I get any ideas I'll try them out.

Originally posted by cheatpark
For now, I think I will leave it as it is. Most sites just use plain fonts anyway. But if I get any ideas I'll try them out.

yeah he told me to make such images too for my site, like I don't have enough work to do ;) :D

Originally posted by NITROboy

good luck

By the way waveracer is looking for a new and better host. :p
Thanks for the ongoing support. Your site should work well on hostzone if you are on a tight budget and need a decent host. They are not the best host but for what you pay it is certainly worth it.

Originally posted by cheatpark

Thanks for the ongoing support. Your site should work well on hostzone if you are on a tight budget and need a decent host. They are not the best host but for what you pay it is certainly worth it.

I already found another host, looks good too, http://www.basm.be and they're from Belgium too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back