• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My 3rd design. Please review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell the smell of a personal attack...

2. Personal attacks are not allowed. This includes harassments, flames, trolling and other forms of annoying behaviour.

Probably was an honest mistake, and that's too bad. One doesn't have to go around acting like an --- about it. I guess that means no more correcting grammar for me. :D

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
I smell the smell of a personal attack...

Probably was an honest mistake, and that's too bad. One doesn't have to go around acting like an --- about it. I guess that means no more correcting grammar for me. :D

----Paid advertisement for the new monitor and mouse fund-----
sorry, just its really annoying. My computer is old. Wanna donate some $$ to help me pay for a new one? http://coldturkey.g33.net
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Field Type Attributes Null Default Extra Action
gameid longtext No Change Drop Primary Index Unique
cheatname longtext No Change Drop Primary Index Unique
cheatcontent longtext No Change Drop Primary Index Unique

Thats what appears when I click on thm table tblcheats in phpmyadmin.

I know but I checked the code and it looks like its there. I'll try editting it through dreamweaver and then check the affects.

Originally posted by coldturkey

Gyrbo, please delete this message. you have no idea what you are talking about, maybe you shoul READ the messages before you make a reply, you are making this much harder then it should be.
If you would have half a brain you would realize there is no field called cheatid, its gameid and it isnt an integer!!!

No idea what I'm talking about? I can freaking make my own portal system!
Sorry, I followed logic, two fields called cheat*, and one game*.
Also, an ID is usaully a digit code. And integer is that...
Besides, a long text field would use more space then required, would slow down things => this isn't very profesional...

Next time you say I don't know anything about SQL syntax, MySQL or PHP, think beter!

Originally posted by gyrbo

No idea what I'm talking about? I can freaking make my own portal system!
Sorry, I followed logic, two fields called cheat*, and one game*.
Also, an ID is usaully a digit code. And integer is that...
Besides, a long text field would use more space then required, would slow down things => this isn't very profesional...

Next time you say I don't know anything about SQL syntax, MySQL or PHP, think beter!

wow, you make me laugh! For a start, ID = Identifitcation, can be anything and as for using a long text field, what if he needs to use up all the space? and as for speed and space, you wouldnt even be able notice the difference and most pay hosts allow you to use as much space as you need in mysql anyway.

And how can you be saying im un proffessional when you were the one making a wrong statement?

Oh and a portal system, lol. Anyone that knows a little php and can connect to mysql can make a portal.

Originally posted by cheatpark
Any tips for learning php?

Those tutorials arnt very helpful, maybe at very first they are but what i did was find a purpose to use it (i.e. your cheat site) then download scripts that you could use (www.hotscripts.com) and edit them to suit your needs. Nowdays i can write my own everything.

I've got loads of them scripts. I do think its best to learn a few of the rules of the language first though and see what each bit does. e.g. variables and stuff.

basic outline of php:

<?php and ?> are the php tags

$stringname = "this was just set at text in a string";

echo "this will say whateva you put in here";

If ($animalcolor = ""){
Echo "the animal is not green";
}

//that was a basic if statement, and this is a comment

while ($bob = ""){
echo = "Hello <BR> I <br> just <Br> crashed <br> the <br> server <br> and <br> the <br> users <br> browser <br>";
}

//dont forget every line which doesnt end in { or } or isnt <? or ?> or isnt a comment, needs ";" at the end

I am happy with the font colour and nobody else has pointed out that it is bad. However, everyone has their own opinion. What colour would you think is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back