• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My 3rd design. Please review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the overlib thing. The only problem is that the overlib probably doesnt go so well with a mouse over image aswell, its one or the other i think. Just a matter of testing to see which one fits best. BTW, the design is much better then the others

Originally posted by coldturkey
I like the overlib thing. The only problem is that the overlib probably doesnt go so well with a mouse over image aswell, its one or the other i think. Just a matter of testing to see which one fits best. BTW, the design is much better then the others

Thanks for the positive comments. I personally prefer the overlib to the rollovers.

i havent seen the rollovers yet :p

I suppose you have to be fair but most people would agree with me. By the way I straightened the buttons so that the orange dots are neatly together in one column.

I think i would prefer the overlib too. The images look better now, and by the way there is a problem when i try to get to your site using cheatpark.net (not www.)

I think i would prefer the overlib too. The images look better now, and by the way there is a problem when i try to get to your site using cheatpark.net (not www.)

I am aware of that problem. I think it may just be my host doesn't support that feature. I will contact them about it.

nice

:) I think the design is simple yet professional looking. I like the javascript effects. However, if it's going to be a game site, a more attractive navigational interface might suit the 'gaming' genre more. Common interface techniques such as metallic and plastic may be a good idea. Or if you are looking for a uniform and tidy look, design an attractive logo and a header across the page and organise the buttons into tables onto one or both side..
i dunno..that's just my suggestion.
All in all, it's pretty good.

Re: nice

Originally posted by geisha
:) I think the design is simple yet professional looking. I like the javascript effects. However, if it's going to be a game site, a more attractive navigational interface might suit the 'gaming' genre more. Common interface techniques such as metallic and plastic may be a good idea. Or if you are looking for a uniform and tidy look, design an attractive logo and a header across the page and organise the buttons into tables onto one or both side..
i dunno..that's just my suggestion.
All in all, it's pretty good.

It was a good suggestion. Please check http://www.cheatpark.net/test.htm to tell if those sort of colours fit in with the gaming genre. I will be more than happy for a reply negative or positive.

yah

:) Yup the colours fit in. It's very 'cool' and 'dark' looking. If u want to incorporate those buttons, you have to change your background etc. to suit it. I think a nice orangey/yellow/black colour combo will suit it nicely. The bright colours will make your site stand out and attractive whereas the black will give it it's sophisticated touch. heh

~Geisha

I made this new logo. Check it out and give me your views please.
new_logo.jpg

Better than the other one. Maybe you could make "cheatpark.net" stand out a bit more, that's my suggestion. Might make more sense to save it as a GIF, too, instead of a JPEG.

Originally posted by Dusty
Better than the other one. Maybe you could make "cheatpark.net" stand out a bit more, that's my suggestion. Might make more sense to save it as a GIF, too, instead of a JPEG.

Thanks again for the excellent advice. I really appreciate it. I'll be ripping the site apart and making a completely new design now that fits the gaming genre.

cool

:) The logo definately matches those buttons.
however, u can try making cheatpark.net into 3D letters to make it stand out? Or perhaps use some bevel and lighting effects in photoshop to make it 3D..since the the buttons you are going to use are kind of three dimensional. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back