• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

my computer wont stop freezing when i play cs

What are the games system requirements? Some of the newer games don't run well on older systems.

with only 256mb of ram in the system that is probably half of the problem right there. What processor do you have in the system?

Counter Strike System Requirements..

Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/98, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Does your computer meet the specs of either the minimum or recommended requirements? What are your computers specs?

Counter Strike System Requirements..

Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/98, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Does your computer meet the specs of either the minimum or recommended requirements? What are your computers specs?

i have a 900 mghz amd duron processor
how do i find out what level graphic card i have

Well theres the real problem. You don't have enough processing power to play the game.

how do i not have enough processor power when it runs fine on a pentium 2 proccesor it just lags alot
i think i figured out the problem when i installed cs i did it through steam and not the cd and through the cd it installs derect x

Last edited:
how do i not have enough processor power when it runs fine on a pentium 2 proccesor it just lags alot
i think i figured out the problem when i installed cs i did it through steam and not the cd and through the cd it installs derect x

You can easily install Direct X yourself http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

However, The steam website shows that the processor minimum requirements should be at least a 1.2ghz processor. http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=240

a duron is along the same lines as a celeron processor. I am not sure why on earth it runs on a PII unit, probably just luck I would assume. You have about 1/10th the computing power to run the game properly

a duron is along the same lines as a celeron processor. I am not sure why on earth it runs on a PII unit, probably just luck I would assume. You have about 1/10th the computing power to run the game properly

how do i find out what other processors are compatible for my motherboard?
and how do i find out what kind of motherboard i have

Regarding your computer freezing up....

I would recommend going to my computer then going in the system tray close out programs you are not using currently. You can always open up again if you need them. Second, I recommend you see how much ram you have. It is possible you may need an upgrade in your R.A.M. .

well the problem is you need more ram/better video/faster processor.

You can generally find the motherboard model stamped somewhere on the board itself, generally between the white PCI slots on the board. unless it is a "branded" computer (dell, compaq, etc)

I am Guessing that if you do infact have SDRAM in your computer and not DDR Ram you are on a KT133 (or similar) chipset based mainboard you could only upgrade to a Athlon XP-2xxx.

At this point you are best off buying a new computer, your components are just too old to make a reasonable upgrade. If you max out your currrent motherboard with the fastest processor available you are still going to be under the minimum requirements needed for CS.

If you wish to play games then you need 3 main things

CPU - NO Celeron
RAM - 1GB Minimum
NON-Integrated video card (pci express)

Are you running cs 1.6? If that is the case his system should be fine if you run it on low settings.

Go to steampowered.com and consult their support section. You video card may just be incompatible with the game, steam has a list of video cards that can and can't be used.

dear snackman, i think u should play in another computer
u said u have 2 right?
so play in the other one

or try and upgrade your computer

Back