• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My horrible experience with NetxServers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnice

ok guys well i purchased a server from this company.
a dedicated server with the following specs:

AMD 64Bit 2800 CPU (1.7GHZ) 80GB Hard Disk 1GB RAM 1000GB Bandwidth (1TB) 5 Dedicated IP's 99% uptime NOT BurstNET freeBSD no control panel $52

the guy cameron who "owns" the company set up my account and took a little
over 24 hours to send out my details.
after he did that i checked out the server via SSH and found out that not only did he put me on the WRONG server (when i signed up they didnt specify that it would be a SEMPRON) but they also had me on the wrong OS. so i contacted them via their live chat support and they told me it would be fixed in 24 hours.

here is the convo:

7:15:52 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) hey we got a problem
4/29/2008 7:16:13 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) Operating System Version:CentOS Latest + Updates
4/29/2008 7:17:00 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice What's the problem?
4/29/2008 7:17:06 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?|(co) FreeBSD?
4/29/2008 7:17:24 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice Did you put it on the order form?
4/29/2008 7:17:26 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) yes
4/29/2008 7:17:45 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) actually YOU made the order form
4/29/2008 7:17:47 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) not me
4/29/2008 7:17:54 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) because it was custom
4/29/2008 7:18:22 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice You didn't put FreeBSD anywhere...
4/29/2008 7:18:28 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) we discussed it
4/29/2008 7:18:39 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice I don't process orders
4/29/2008 7:18:43 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice That's done by tech's
4/29/2008 7:18:50 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) ugh
4/29/2008 7:18:56 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) i told you i need FreeBSD
4/29/2008 7:19:06 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) and you said ok lemme make the order form
4/29/2008 7:19:09 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) and you did
4/29/2008 7:19:11 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice Actually, you asked if we did it
4/29/2008 7:19:17 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) no
4/29/2008 7:19:22 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) i said i needed it
4/29/2008 7:19:39 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) and then you said youd give me lxadmin
4/29/2008 7:19:46 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) i said no control panel
4/29/2008 7:20:31 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice dnice: can you offer me FreeBSD? Cameron Hicks: Could you tell me which post you are referring to please :) Cameron Hicks: We make a lot of posts :) dnice: AMD 64Bit 2800 CPU (1.7GHZ) 80GB Hard Disk 1GB RAM 1000GB Bandwidth (1TB) 5 Dedicated IP's 99ptime NOT BurstNET $52 per month Cameron Hicks: OK Cameron Hicks: I know what your talking about :) Cameron Hicks: Yep Cameron Hicks: We can do FreeBSD
4/29/2008 7:20:36 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice ;)
4/29/2008 7:20:44 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) no
4/29/2008 7:20:49 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) go to the bottom
4/29/2008 7:20:52 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) where i said id order
4/29/2008 7:21:02 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) i put the entire order i wanted
4/29/2008 7:21:08 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) and freeBSd was there
4/29/2008 7:21:13 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) above the price
4/29/2008 7:22:12 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice Hmm, I don't see it
4/29/2008 7:22:26 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) go to the bottom of our convo
4/29/2008 7:23:16 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice Crap
4/29/2008 7:23:20 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice How did I miss that :S
4/29/2008 7:23:25 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) im right aint i?
4/29/2008 7:23:48 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice What's your IP, I'll get it formatted
4/29/2008 7:24:04 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) (input server details)
4/29/2008 7:24:11 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) why is the hostname N/A?
4/29/2008 7:24:20 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice Because we didn't set a hostname
4/29/2008 7:33:20 PM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?|(co) ok any idea when itll be ready?
4/29/2008 7:33:31 PM (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| (co) dnice Nope sorry, hopefully sometime today

24 hours comes around and nothing. so i contact them again, they tell me that my server is STILL in line to be formated and repartitioned like i asked and to give it another 24 hours. so i do this, finally i get an email stating that this is complete and i can use the server now. i try to, the password and login dont work. i contact them via the chat support again and they tell me they'll ship out my details and info within 1-2 hours. i wait and nothing. so i go BACK to the chat support again and this is the conversation:

James Batton: Hi There, How can I help you today?
dnice: hi
James Batton: Hi There, How can I help you today?
James Batton: hi
dnice: i had asked for my server details to be send out yesterday and still havent recieved them
James Batton: They weren't?
James Batton: It was your password right?
dnice: my login and password
dnice: i believe the login is root correct>?
James Batton: FreeBSD was your os right?
dnice: yes
James Batton: Ok, you should have got your password last night
dnice: i ddint
James Batton: Ok, I dont know what to do, it wasnt me who sent it
dnice: can you send me it?
James Batton: Nope sorry
James Batton: What I suggest you do is file for a refund
James Batton: I know it may sound wierd coming from us, but the datacenter isn't co-operating with us
James Batton: and this really isn't worth the trouble for you or us
James Batton: you can wait if you would like, or just email billing@netxservers.com and I'll mark it for refund
dnice: wait what?
dnice: what do you mean the datacenter isnt cooperating?
James Batton: Well they have stopped providing support on your server, their refusing to tell us the password etc, and I'm currently not near the datacenter so I cant go there to sort it out
dnice: a refund? as in i wont get to use my server and your going to just try and give me my money back?
James Batton: that's correct, or you could just wait for the dc to resend the password again, which could be tomorrow or it could be tonight, we really dont know
dnice: why would they stop supporting my server?
James Batton: I have no idea, they are giving excuses and everytime me or cameron calls them they just tell us to send an email and they just dont answer them.... and im not available to go down there until tuesday
dnice: can you tell me what package im currently on
dnice: like what specs i had
James Batton: Ill check your customer account
dnice: who owns this company?
James Batton: cameron owns the company
dnice: so tell me why cameron knows NOTHING about servers, and YOU told me he didnt have the authority to speak on the servers because he is just a customer sales
James Batton: because I deal with all that, he's really the business side, i'm the tech side
James Batton: he's not customer sales...
dnice: so why cant he give me a refund?
James Batton: he isnt billing
James Batton: billing is outsourced
dnice: but the OWNER of the company should ALWAYS be able to do ANYTHING he wished
James Batton: yes, he can, it's just a lot easier if we let the outsourced company deal with it. anyway, they are online most of the time
dnice: also, i ALREADY sent cameron an email directly
dnice: to his DIRECT email account
dnice: and he has yet to respond
dnice: ive also sent an email to billing and recieved no response either.
James Batton: Im sorry, we have to have a 10min maintaince period to update the license key on the supportsuite software could you please come back and speak to me then?
James Batton: Thanks and sorry for the problem
James Batton: I am now terminating this session. If you require further support, please reopen this Chat session. Thanks!

so now ive been ripped off and have no server at all.
this is terrible.
can anyone match this offer?
if so id greatly appreciate it.

I guess it's my turn to post here, defend my company.

OK, first of all, I would like to start off by saying that this thread is a way of blackmailing me personally for a refund. I just got in and found this on my Personal MSN:

dnice says:
can i have a refund on my server?
dnice says:
hello?
dnice says:
until i recieve my refund for the server this will stay up: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=989157#post989157

Anyway, this user brought a server. I posted an offer here on FWS. He came on live support and talked to me about it and then I created an order link.

Everything seemed fine, the server was setup. The only problem was the server was installed as CentOS. He contacted me on my personal MSN to tell me this (instead of the our live support or ticket function) This was due to a fault of ours. I accepted this and paid the DataCenter for a reformat. The server was reformatted with FreeBSD. It all seemed fine for a few days and then I was contacted (yet again on my personal MSN). It was FreeBSD 32Bit, he wanted 64Bit. I accepted this as it was a 64Bit processor so it should have 64Bit OS on it right? He blackmailed me here saying that he would post bad reviews and open a PayPal dispute in 6 hours if this wasn't done. I requested this formatted and partitioned as he requested. This was done and a password was sent to us. The password although was wrong. I contacted the datacenter today and requested the password. They told me the server would have to be re-re formatted as someone must have set it wrong. By now, I was starting to get annoyed myself. Hours past and I figured the buyer would come back and request his password, so I told my tech to offer him the chance of a refund. He did this as in the chat and told him to email billing@netxservers.com. The user did not see this as a good way to get a refund and instead after having our billing explained to him (as in the chat) he posted the above quoted message in my MSN. I was away at this time, so I was unable to reply. So he decided to blackmail me in the form of this thread.

Anyway, here I am posting in this thread :cool2: that's pretty much my side.

@ User: I am not interested in talking to you over MSN. I am nothing more then the owner of this company. I don't deal with refunds, or tech issues etc. If you require a refund, please do email billing@netxservers.com

I accepted this as it was a 64Bit processor so it should have 64Bit OS on it right?

No, 32bit works on 64bit. Some people prefer the 32bit os on the 64bit processor due to issues with the 64bit packages, you need to be specific on the os when installing.. then again, he should have put down 64bit os himself..

So was that entire thing with James Batton just a fake, or did that really happen?.

Last edited:
No, 32bit works on 64bit. Some people prefer the 32bit os on the 64bit processor due to issues with the 64bit packages, you need to be specific on the os when installing.. then again, he should have put down 64bit os himself..

So was that entire thing with James Batton just a fake, or did that really happen?.

Yes, I understand 32Bit works on 64Bit, I'm guessing that's why the Datacenter installed the 32Bit OS instead?

I just copied and pasted what the user told me (Partition Scheme + Operating System) and he didn't specify any 'bit' so I suppose the Datacenter just installed their preference.

That conversation is real, why wouldn't it be? :beer:

I guess it's my turn to post here, defend my company.

OK, first of all, I would like to start off by saying that this thread is a way of blackmailing me personally for a refund. I just got in and found this on my Personal MSN:

Anyway, this user brought a server. I posted an offer here on FWS. He came on live support and talked to me about it and then I created an order link.

Everything seemed fine, the server was setup. The only problem was the server was installed as CentOS. He contacted me on my personal MSN to tell me this (instead of the our live support or ticket function) This was due to a fault of ours. I accepted this and paid the DataCenter for a reformat. The server was reformatted with FreeBSD. It all seemed fine for a few days and then I was contacted (yet again on my personal MSN). It was FreeBSD 32Bit, he wanted 64Bit. I accepted this as it was a 64Bit processor so it should have 64Bit OS on it right? He blackmailed me here saying that he would post bad reviews and open a PayPal dispute in 6 hours if this wasn't done. I requested this formatted and partitioned as he requested. This was done and a password was sent to us. The password although was wrong. I contacted the datacenter today and requested the password. They told me the server would have to be re-re formatted as someone must have set it wrong. By now, I was starting to get annoyed myself. Hours past and I figured the buyer would come back and request his password, so I told my tech to offer him the chance of a refund. He did this as in the chat and told him to email billing@netxservers.com. The user did not see this as a good way to get a refund and instead after having our billing explained to him (as in the chat) he posted the above quoted message in my MSN. I was away at this time, so I was unable to reply. So he decided to blackmail me in the form of this thread.

Anyway, here I am posting in this thread :cool2: that's pretty much my side.

@ User: I am not interested in talking to you over MSN. I am nothing more then the owner of this company. I don't deal with refunds, or tech issues etc. If you require a refund, please do email billing@netxservers.com

actually this is NOT true.

frist of all. your tech TOLD me directly you COULD handle refunds look in your chat logs. he said you COULD handle the refunds but youd rather do it via billing@netxservers.com because it was OUTSOURCED.
and the how could i get your "personal MSN account" ?
because YOU gave it to me the day i signed up with your company because
i said in my thread that id li,ke a company that supplied IM support. your words were "you can IM me directly on MSN if you have any issues BUT its not our company support messanger account." i told cameron i would post this thread because i felt the length fo time to handle these things was VERY outrageous. 48+ hours to reformat and re-partition a server? thats NUTS. and cameron i didnt email the billing center yesterday? really because i have the sent email:

dnice to billing

show details 6:12 AM (23 hours ago)

Cameron Hicks: Sorry about the trouble you've had with us so far
dnice: thats ok, i understand mistakes are made, do you think i could get some sort of re-imbursement? i mean at least up until yesterday i couldnt use my box and it wasnt how i wanted to purchase it
dnice: if that could be arranged it would be great.
Cameron Hicks: Well, I'm sure you could, just shoot us an email at billing@netxservers.com
dnice: thank you for your great support.
Cameron Hicks: Sure
Cameron Hicks: No problem!
dnice: and id also like to apologize on my behalf for being so hot headed
dnice: i was just frustrated
Cameron Hicks: No problem, it was mostly us :)
Cameron Hicks: I understand, I would be too

is this possible seeing as i didnt get a chance to use my box FULLY functional until yesterday?
thank you.

that was sent 23 horus ago and no response. wouldnt you beign thinking your getting bamboozled? its been one mistake after another. tell me this, why would i want to bad mouth a company for NO reason? especially seeing as i paid $52 for the server and had to wait 7 days to get it working. cameron himself can see i havent even TOUCHED the server yet. the only thing i did was check the specs via SSH. and cameron why dont you tell the forum viewers how i asked you why i was on a sempron and you said "thats impossible, we dont have any semprons because they suck" thats was YOUR words exactly. as i said i have no reason to lie. all i wanted was a server that was reliable and stable. thats all. and i did not receive it.

also, regarding the IM i sent him.
cameron post the ENTIRE message:

5/11/2008 4:12:21 AM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) can i have a refund on my server?
5/11/2008 4:21:58 AM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) hello?
5/11/2008 4:25:53 AM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) until i recieve my refund for the server this will stay up: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=989157#post989157 your tech had told
5/11/2008 4:25:55 AM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) James Batton: What I suggest you do is file for a refund James Batton: I know it may sound wierd coming from us, but the datacenter isn't co-operating with us James Batton: and this really isn't worth the trouble for you or us James Batton: you can wait if you would like, or just email billing@netxservers.com and I'll mark it for refund

5/11/2008 4:12:21 AM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) can i have a refund on my server?
5/11/2008 4:25:53 AM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) until i recieve my refund for the server this will stay up: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=989157#post989157 your tech had told
5/11/2008 4:25:55 AM dnice (co)Cameron Hicks | Hey! How's it?| :)(co) James Batton: What I suggest you do is file for a refund James Batton: I know it may sound wierd coming from us, but the datacenter isn't co-operating with us James Batton: and this really isn't worth the trouble for you or us James Batton: you can wait if you would like, or just email billing@netxservers.com and I'll mark it for refund

*Sigh* This is getting old, this is not like burst or geekrack. If you dont want the server, if they wont supply a refund do a chargeback. The end.

until i recieve my refund for the server this will stay up: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/s...157#post989157

Just FYI, you can't get anything from that threat, because stuff on FWS is never deleted once created ;)

And after reading everything, I think you're (dnice) the one who's at fault, especially at the last part. You are dealing with a company, not with a one-man-business, so why should you contact the owner for support/billing issues?

frist of all. your tech TOLD me directly you COULD handle refunds look in your chat logs. he said you COULD handle the refunds but youd rather do it via billing@netxservers.com because it was OUTSOURCED.

Exactly. I have the ability too, but I don't give refunds. How many owners of companies (except for one man ones) give out refunds?

and the how could i get your "personal MSN account" ?
because YOU gave it to me the day i signed up with your company because
i said in my thread that id li,ke a company that supplied IM support. your words were "you can IM me directly on MSN if you have any issues BUT its not our company support messanger account."

Could you please tell me where this is? I haven't posted in any of your requests, you found us via another request. This is what It said:

dnice: theres no instant messenger client you or any support can be contacted on?
Cameron Hicks: Thanks for your order!
Cameron Hicks: Well, you can contact me on me@cameronhicks.com
Cameron Hicks: But it's not really "support"

i told cameron i would post this thread because i felt the length fo time to handle these things was VERY outrageous. 48+ hours to reformat and re-partition a server? thats NUTS.

Can you show me where you said this? All I have on my IM is blackmail....

and cameron i didnt email the billing center yesterday? really because i have the sent email:

dnice to billing

show details 6:12 AM (23 hours ago)

Cameron Hicks: Sorry about the trouble you've had with us so far
dnice: thats ok, i understand mistakes are made, do you think i could get some sort of re-imbursement? i mean at least up until yesterday i couldnt use my box and it wasnt how i wanted to purchase it
dnice: if that could be arranged it would be great.
Cameron Hicks: Well, I'm sure you could, just shoot us an email at billing@netxservers.com
dnice: thank you for your great support.
Cameron Hicks: Sure
Cameron Hicks: No problem!
dnice: and id also like to apologize on my behalf for being so hot headed
dnice: i was just frustrated
Cameron Hicks: No problem, it was mostly us :)
Cameron Hicks: I understand, I would be too

is this possible seeing as i didnt get a chance to use my box FULLY functional until yesterday?
thank you.

I'm not sure how this is possible, we have not got anything from you on any email except inquiries@netxcorporate.com.

that was sent 23 horus ago and no response. wouldnt you beign thinking your getting bamboozled? its been one mistake after another. tell me this, why would i want to bad mouth a company for NO reason? especially seeing as i paid $52 for the server and had to wait 7 days to get it working. cameron himself can see i havent even TOUCHED the server yet. the only thing i did was check the specs via SSH. and cameron why dont you tell the forum viewers how i asked you why i was on a sempron and you said "thats impossible, we dont have any semprons because they suck" thats was YOUR words exactly. as i said i have no reason to lie. all i wanted was a server that was reliable and stable. thats all. and i did not receive it.

I can see we are in the wrong a bit here, the datacenter has been ignoring us and putting us off... This is why you were offered a refund.

I did say Semprons suck, because they do. I had no idea they were Semprons, and that's why they're to be withdrawn from our product range at the end of this month ;) I'm not a tech so I don't know the exact models. You are correct, you didn't get a reliable and stable server. So you get a refund. It's that simple.

OK, but quoting that just makes you look like you didn't read it as you did the opposite to what he said.... I didn't think it was necessary to make you like illiterate....

*Sigh* This is getting old, this is not like burst or geekrack. If you dont want the server, if they wont supply a refund do a chargeback. The end.

We will supply a refund as above.

Just FYI, you can't get anything from that threat, because stuff on FWS is never deleted once created ;)

And after reading everything, I think you're (dnice) the one who's at fault, especially at the last part. You are dealing with a company, not with a one-man-business, so why should you contact the owner for support/billing issues?

Thanks ;) I agree

I know you will supply the refund netxhosting, I just got sick of hearing him moan.

This is nothing like the burst issues, it takes over two weeks to get a reinstall or the right hardware/os at times. And it takes a long time to setup, thats why im tired of hearing his moaning and -----ing when its only been... two days right?.

Your datacenter is the one at fault, not you.

Your datacenter is the one at fault, not you.

I agree with this.

but in my opinion blackmailing the host saying "refund me or this will stay here" is the complete wrong way to go about it. Good luck with the search for a new server and NetXHosting good luck sorting this all out.

Oh and as far as the reformat times. 48hours is nothing. Burst would take 48hours to just shut the server off probably. Datacenters get backed up you have to understand that and not get mad every time something is messed up.

Whether the DC is at fault or not, Cameron has already stated that they and the DC made mistakes and will authorise a full refund without any problems.

Unless you count sending one email a problem?

dnice you really have no business posting this at all as there is no issue to be resolved. Just your ability to read.

IMO, the topic title should be changed to a more neutral tone like "My Experience with NetXServers" or something else because it's really misleading and the OP is the one who is at fault.

ok very true, maybe ive went about it wrong and shouldnt have threatened.
but think about it. i was never with burstNET so i cant compare the two. Maybe you guys have but i havent. But i WAS with another hosting until about 3 weeks ago. Was with them for 1 year. not many issues and i dealt with the owner directly. so when i asked something to be done. it was done within 2-3 hours or a reasonable ETA was given. The reason i was so angry is that things were faulty from the JUMP. how are you the owner of the company dont know what machines you supply? dont know how to even figure out. he asked me, "How did you figure out it was a sempron?" im like uh.. the server? i mean ---- just sounded real shady to me. also how are you going to sell me a product, and then say it sucks? i mean so much for customer service. As said before. Where do i gain from slandering your company? i don't at all. if anything it would anger you and your co-workers and ruin the chances of me getting a) my refund and b) my server. So thats not what im trying to do. I'm simply stating the issues i have faced. i mean i haven't been able to use the server. and i did send the letter to billing and received no response. if i did. i would never have written this thread at all. because that is not how i do business. id rather settle this civilized but it seemed as though i was getting the run around. but i will forward it again and you'll probably "magically" receive it this time.

Last edited:
IF you sent the email (and when) you do realise this is the weekend and refunds even through 3rd party processors are normally done manually, and often will not be done till a working day (Mon-Fri) and often again only during business hours (9am-5pm).

ok very true, maybe ive went about it wrong and shouldnt have threatened.
but think about it. i was never with burstNET so i cant compare the two. Maybe you guys have but i havent. But i WAS with another hosting until about 3 weeks ago. Was with them for 1 year. not many issues and i dealt with the owner directly. so when i asked something to be done. it was done within 2-3 hours or a reasonable ETA was given. The reason i was so angry is that things were faulty from the JUMP. how are you the owner of the company dont know what machines you supply? dont know how to even figure out. he asked me, "How did you figure out it was a sempron?" im like uh.. the server? i mean ---- just sounded real shady to me. also how are you going to sell me a product, and then say it sucks? i mean so much for customer service. As said before. Where do i gain from slandering your company? i don't at all. if anything it would anger you and your co-workers and ruin the chances of me getting a) my refund and b) my server. So thats not what im trying to do. I'm simply stating the issues i have faced. i mean i haven't been able to use the server. and i did send the letter to billing and received no response. if i did. i would never have written this thread at all. because that is not how i do business. id rather settle this civilized but it seemed as though i was getting the run around. but i will forward it again and you'll probably "magically" receive it this time.

I only read up to the sempron part.

Heres a great idea I think will be perfect for you. Buy a barebone server on newegg, finish getting the hardware you want and then install it. Go colocate.

That way, the only thing you can complain about is downtime and bandwith, and it costs less... of course, your likely going to complain about it costing one thousand or so dollars, but hey you can always do a rent to own server. It would be the same thing as a dedicated server, but in ten or so months you would own it! just make sure your getting it from a good company.

I think the OP was just trying to get some kind of reaction from them, though I do agree that it is a little bit fast, could have given it a day or two more perhaps?

But on the other hand, to say that as the owner you don't give refunds and don't know the specs of your machines BUT you will go out and make sales pitches is kind of confusing. Because if your going to be hands-off then be hands-off but I mean who am I go to give you advice on how to manage your site. And as well I find it kind of ridiculous that you use the excuse "how many owners of companies do refunds"...sure the CEOs and Presidents of large corporations don't but I hope you realize that in most small to even medium sized businesses the owner is usually willing and capable of doing so (not just in web hosting, in any industry). You can say you don't authorize refunds because that's a different department or something but to say what you said is absolutely ridiculous unless your a large corporation, in which case I'm sadely mistakened and you shouldn't really listen to anything I have to say.

And one last thing, it doesn't matter if its the DC's fault, the buyer is buying FROM YOU, not from the DC. They are paying you and not the DC so you ASSUME ALL responsibility for the user, I'm getting really sick of people saying it's the DC's fault. While it very much may be true, it can't be used as excuse and the end user shouldn't have to care where the problem is. It all comes down to management and communication between you and your DC and the way in which things are handled. That is the hosting company's responsible not the client's.

Have a good one that's just my 2cents.

Refunds can be given in extreme circumstances to avoid this kind of situations. It is really up to the management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back