• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My horrible experience with NetxServers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree totally. That was a silly statement. I give out Refunds when and where it is necessary to do so and I am the owner.
Stupid statement for a hosting provider to make.

I think the OP was just trying to get some kind of reaction from them, though I do agree that it is a little bit fast, could have given it a day or two more perhaps?

But on the other hand, to say that as the owner you don't give refunds and don't know the specs of your machines BUT you will go out and make sales pitches is kind of confusing. Because if your going to be hands-off then be hands-off but I mean who am I go to give you advice on how to manage your site. And as well I find it kind of ridiculous that you use the excuse "how many owners of companies do refunds"...sure the CEOs and Presidents of large corporations don't but I hope you realize that in most small to even medium sized businesses the owner is usually willing and capable of doing so (not just in web hosting, in any industry). You can say you don't authorize refunds because that's a different department or something but to say what you said is absolutely ridiculous unless your a large corporation, in which case I'm sadely mistakened and you shouldn't really listen to anything I have to say.

And one last thing, it doesn't matter if its the DC's fault, the buyer is buying FROM YOU, not from the DC. They are paying you and not the DC so you ASSUME ALL responsibility for the user, I'm getting really sick of people saying it's the DC's fault. While it very much may be true, it can't be used as excuse and the end user shouldn't have to care where the problem is. It all comes down to management and communication between you and your DC and the way in which things are handled. That is the hosting company's responsible not the client's.

Have a good one that's just my 2cents.

Well, I prefer to do sales as it's what I'm best at. About the billing although, it is done by 2 accountant friends I know. I don't give refunds because it's un-needed for me to do that, and it just ends up in a mess when I go refunding people and they get an email for a refund for a server that has already been refunded and it takes 3x as long to work out what happened then it would if they dealt with it.

I agree totally. That was a silly statement. I give out Refunds when and where it is necessary to do so and I am the owner.
Stupid statement for a hosting provider to make.

As above :)

Also, at OP: Are you going to request a refund or not? There is still no email from you.

i have sent the email twice.
here is a SCREENSHOT of the email:

screenshot511200883608plr7.jpg

i am also sending an email now to the account requesting a FULL refund.
i also want to point out, i wasnt trying to be a jerk or an --- in anyway.
which is why i ONLY asked to not be charged up until the server was complete and i had the details. As ive stated before thats all i wanted, i didnt
want a full refund because i figured it would get straightened out. but all's well that end well. here is the screenshot of the email i just sent:

screenshot511200884437pbu2.jpg

proof i have done my end.

Last edited:
And one last thing, it doesn't matter if its the DC's fault, the buyer is buying FROM YOU, not from the DC. They are paying you and not the DC so you ASSUME ALL responsibility for the user, I'm getting really sick of people saying it's the DC's fault. While it very much may be true, it can't be used as excuse and the end user shouldn't have to care where the problem is. It all comes down to management and communication between you and your DC and the way in which things are handled. That is the hosting company's responsible not the client's.

I agree 110%.

Well, I prefer to do sales as it's what I'm best at. About the billing although, it is done by 2 accountant friends I know. I don't give refunds because it's un-needed for me to do that, and it just ends up in a mess when I go refunding people and they get an email for a refund for a server that has already been refunded and it takes 3x as long to work out what happened then it would if they dealt with it.

I assume you mean you don't physically run the actions that will produce a refund.. But you surely have the authority to give a refund.. :)

Thanks,
Adam

The DC was handling things in a VERY slow manner, so that is why the user was offered a refund. We communicated with the DC in more ways then one, and they either put it off, or ignored us...

I assume you mean you don't physically run the actions that will produce a refund.. But you surely have the authority to give a refund.. :)

Correct ;) If I didn't have authority to give a refund from my own company then it would be a bit worrying :p

If you're so happy with your old provider, that you were with them for a full year, why leave?

I was actually kicked off/refunded due to the datacenter being raided.
apparently there was a site in which HOSTED warez on it.
My site merely had warez linking on it,
so the owner terminated about 500 sites that had ANYTHING to do with warez.
if this wouldnt have happened, i wouldnt have left.

X-MaxCode-Template: email-transaction-refund-seller
To: NetXCorporate <payments@netxservers.com>
From: "service@intl.paypal.com" <service@intl.paypal.com>
X-Email-Type-Id: PP286
X-XPT-XSL-Name:
email_pimp/default/en_US/transaction/seller/TransactionRefundSeller.xsl
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-4.0
X-Spam-Score: -39
X-Spam-Bar: ----
X-Spam-Flag: NO
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear NetXCorporate,

You have sent a full or partial refund to Name Here =
(EMAIL-ADDRESS).

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent =
Activity list on your Account Overview.
Message to Buyer:
Refund - Dedicated Server.=20
-----------------------------------
Payment Details
-----------------------------------

Date Payment Sent: Apr. 29, 2008

Amount: =52.00 USD

Thank you for using PayPal=21
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you =
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account =
and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright =A9 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory- PayPal Pte. Ltd., the holder of PayPal=92s stored value
facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of =
Singapore.
Users are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

PayPal Email ID PP286

Refund sent ;) Time for closure?

Last edited:
The guy paid $2452 and couldn't pick up a phone or email, but instead came to a public forum instead???
Not right that!

It's easy to understand why Cameron wanted him to go through the procedure as it's not $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back