• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Implihosting/Open Source Hosting review

Somnus

Over a year ago I purchased a VPS from Implihosting.com for roughly $55/month. (29.99 pounds converted to CDN funds).

After about 6 months, Implihosting.com was purchased by Open Source Web Hosting, and the decline started.

Prior to the merge, I was guaranteed 1hr high priority support tickets. Now I am lucky to hear back from them with in 24 hrs.

Down time has been the ultimate problem. Twice in the last two months they have had to recreate my VPS several times due to "hardware issues", and if it weren't for my backups (I take daily snapshots of the server myself), most of my data would have been lost.

I was just notified yet again that due to "hardware issues", my VPS was being moved to another location, and within 24hrs (yes! Another whole day down!) I would get my new log in details.

This will likely change my IP addresses, thus I have to update my name servers, wait for them to propagate, then check the server to see if everything is working correctly.

I would avoid these people at all costs, and I am not searching for another VPS host, as I can't afford all the down time.

Please tell me all hosting companies aren't like this?!??!

Now I must search for an alternative, as they can not longer be deemed as reliable.

Peter Skinner
Edmonton Tek
http://www.edmontontek.com

if u are considering changing host, then open a request thread, we will glad to post up our offers

and most of our offers is much cheaper than what u r paying now
:)

Great idea!

I have removed the previous offers :shame:

You could have just edited my post Jan. :\

I told him that he should leave the company if they are merging. Grab and backup all of your data and move to a new host, as 90% of merges don't end well.

Please tell me all hosting companies aren't like this?!??!
No. Most companies are not like this.
Now I must search for an alternative, as they can not longer be deemed as reliable.
As others suggested, you need to open a thread in Request section for hosts to reply with their offers.

If you are looking for un-manged VPS providers, SliceHost, Linode and Servercomplete would be my recommendations.
For managed, check out WiredTree, FutureHosting, KnownHost, Servint.

I have/had great experience with all of them except SliceHost. (Never tried them)

Sorry to hear about your experience. Not all hosts are like that, you can have a search and find out a host that can meet your expectations. And you can always ask directly to the host regarding your queries and go for one which meets your requirements.

Back