• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need help.

Klandestinie

What website builders do you recommend (besides Dreamweaver) that I can download permanently without worrying about a trial period?

I don't. Recommend DreamWeaver. ;)

I would say that depends on who you are and how you like to work. As I see it there are basically 3 kinds. WYSYWYG machines, text based HTML editors and plain text editors. I prefer the third type, but that's me.

WYSYWYG
I don't know of a good and free one

Text based
HTML Kit
1st Page - free Homesite clone lacking some of it's features
Homesite - an old and free version

Text editors
Anything that makes you happy. You write the code, it doesn't get a chance to ruin it. ;)

Last edited:
If you need one that bad, just buy an educational copy from a college or something. I don't think they cost to much there. Or you could go the cheaper route and learn HTML then just use notepad!!!

Props to all notepad coders!!!

Mekhu

Need what? He wants recommendations. ;)

:eek: Oh my, Gayo you're cute! Wanna come over for some ---? :p

Last edited:
Holy ---- meow, I almost just pissed myself. I was sitting here thinking wtf is he talking about, then I scrolled up... LOL

So you want a free wysiwyg program? Try composer or frontpage in the office package. Other than that, get some hacked software to learn off (can't use this if your selling a website or using it for a business).

Or you could take the best route and learn HTML.

Last edited:
Sorry Mekhu. I had a typo. It was to be He wants recommendations...not I...

ACEHTML!!!

ACEHTML! My baby :D You should use ACTHTML.com, it has EVERYTHING you could need, it's free, and it's really easy to use... It's good for expierenced webmasters and newbies to html... *kisses acehtml* :biggrin2:

ACEHTML! My baby You should use ACTHTML.com, it has EVERYTHING you could need, it's free, and it's really easy to use... It's good for expierenced webmasters and newbies to html... *kisses acehtml*

Yes. Acehtml is very good on CSS support.

If you need one that bad, just buy an educational copy from a college or something. I don't think they cost to much there. Or you could go the cheaper route and learn HTML then just use notepad!!!

Props to all notepad coders!!!

YEAHYEAH TEXT TEXT TEXT EDITIOR@@@!!

what I say in order
1. TEXTeditor - PFE for me
2. 1st page 2000
3. html kit
4. acehtml
5 cool page - for teaching old people in the social center

If you are looking for a free html editor. You could always go with front page express. I used it for a while and it was really good. I then moved on to dreamweaver 4. You can download front page express for free from microsoft.

Back