• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need low cost India based host.

LastActionHero

WBBMods.com
NLC
Hi,

I'm looking for an India based host to host my personal site. My requirements

1. 10 MB web space
2. Atleast 10 POP3 Id's with SMTP
3. 500-1000 MB Data transfer per month
4. MySQL[1 DB] and PHP[Both are Must]. CGI/Perl not required.
5. Control Panel(any will do as long as it gets the job done)
6. 1 FTP account.
7. .htaccess support

Data center can be in the US
Ability to pay by bank transfer would be a plus.
Uptime and reability are the most importance concerns for me. If your server never goes down, I wouldn't require support. I'm a quiet fellow. :)

Can you host if for less than Rs 1000/- per year?

You should check out www.net4domains.com 's hosting packages. They are quite popular for domain registration in India; and have had hosting packages for a long time.

I've seen a couple of sites hosted by them, but can't comment on the uptime.

They did have a couple of 'student' packages when I last checked them :) for less than Rs. 1000/-.

There are a lot of other hosts too (non-Indian) that can give you shared hosting packages for $20/year (I would expect most of these hosts to stuff 100s of sites into 1 server; but I can say the same about many Indian hosting providers too).

I can suggest you some non-Indian hosting providers I've found to be good enough for personal sites. [ if you ask for it ]. They'll cost probably at least $5/month.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have decided to sign up with flashwebhost.com

Net4domains.com packages turn out to be a bit expensive because they have extra charges for MySQL etc.

His location could be a hint ;)

LastActionHero
WBBMods.com

Originally posted by Jan
His location could be a hint

heh. I know. :) [ I've seen him on wbb boards, and SitePoint ]

I'm curious, looking at the present state of most Indian webhosting companies. The only reason I could think of, was, to get quick support (that was the reason given to me by a friend, who bought webspace from net4domains a couple of years back -- he told me "I can run to their office anytime"). :)

Had LastActionHero wanted the server to be in India itself, I would not have asked this question. :p

Last edited:
Having support staff in your timezone is very helpful. I have an Aussie host and even though I suspect he never sleeps, at least he is around when I need him. My previous (US) host also had an admin in Australia, so if there was an issue, she was always around to help out.

Can you host if for less than Rs 1000/- per year?

I think maybe he just wishes to pay in Indian currency. Cant blame him, i know alot of people who will only buy hosting in £GBP.

One of the main reasons is the currency. When I convert $5/month into Rupees it comes out to around Rs 2700/- which is more than I wish to pay now. So conversion is an important factor.

Another thing is support. If for some reasons I require urgent support I can call the support guy and save on International long distance.

Well flashwebhost.com is a reseller of pwebtech and as far as I know pwebtech is a good place to host your site.

Back