• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need New Connection..

from my experiances:

DSL: 40 bucks a month... downloaded at about 20-30 kb/ps, was all happy because i previously used free 56k... got booted every 2 hours by the company(uswest, if i didn't want to get booted i had to pay extra) so i couldn't download big files, i had to put up with getting booted every 2 hours, i had to dial up every time i used it... don't know about upload speeds, good thing is i got to keep the modem(i wanna sell it but i don't know who to sell it to)

Cable: 19.99 for the first 3 months. 39.99 after that... very very fast download speeds if i am downloading from a fast server... when i download on napster from some t3s i get stuff damn near instantly... 15 kb/ps uploads suck, but i can live with it... it is always on... when i turn my computer on, i am on the internet, i can leave my computer on 24/7 and never worry about getting booted... i download all kinds of stuff on this thing... if i kept my dsl i would not have been able to download the stuff i download(full lenth movies that are still in the theatres take up quite a bit of space on my computer now)

for me cable wins... my dsl provider sucked... what kind of company boots people every 2 hours and tells them if they don't want to get booted they have to pay more? what i had was called dsl but from what i hear about dsl it was not no damn dsl... dsl should not dial up every time you use it, it should be always on...

now, after waisting my time typing this i will continue with what i was doing :)

DSL always have worked better than Cable for me... I had use cable twice already, ditched it after six months because the speed was seriously underestimated than what it said. The DSL could be up all day, and all you need to is click the connect and it is connected instantly. It has the fastest speeds I ever seened.

[Edited by Giancarlo on 05-02-2001 at 02:13 PM]

Originally posted by Koolguy
What brand is your modem? The one im using right now is a Motorola.
Mine is a Motorola CyberSURFR Wave...

I guess that's why my internet service is called PowerSURFR...

All I hate about cable is thatstupid 10 gig download limit a month I have. But many others don't have a download limit... I'm envious.

For example I live in the same city as Coolin and have the exact same cable modem. The only dif. is that im on the other side of the city from him, a part that doesnt have his cable company. While his has a 10 GIG limit mine has none. :)

Back