• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nelie.org aka www.maxi-web.net is CLOSING

ibfw

Nelie.Org service is about to close down...
So there is no use in registering a new account now !

NELIE.ORG HOMEPAGE

The service will continue until Dec 31 2002, and during this period, I will be open to suggestions as to any proposal to acquire the service (user accounts, database tables, main website, admin tools, user tools and all system and service scripts, all in PHP running on Apache/MySQL).

Providing free services for 5 years on Nelie.Org and Maxi-web.Net has been a very nice experience, thanks to you all on the community and i am very sorry to have to stop that, but the fact has been made quite clear to me from the hosting company : Too much bandwith eaten up, so clear out!

The Webmaster.

That's why you have people like me investing in a reseller account packed with all features. If more people would invest in a reseller account (like I use a $4/month plan) more TRUE USERS of MySQL would be able to have a site.

Originally posted by Matt8
Sad. By the middle of 03 there might be not a single php/mysql server around.
sure there will be plenty. but i have a feeling that they're going to be more like community-based sites (neopages, amzweb, hey.nu).

you gotta earn it now!

Originally posted by cale
sure there will be plenty. but i have a feeling that they're going to be more like community-based sites (neopages, amzweb, hey.nu).

you gotta earn it now!

Actually when resellers like me have paid users they can upgrade to better reseller accounts and offer free hosting to TRUE USERS... and not require the user to have a single post..

I have a feeling that with the new technology languages coming out from w3 will eventually lead users to maintain their own servers. As it is, there are so many just here at this forum. Just imagine in the future......:confused:

I agree with CommunityOne.

And by true users, I hope you are referring to the people that actually know how to create their own scripts using PHP and MySQL, and not just the millions of people that want to start yet another empty forum. :)

Originally posted by CommunityOne
Actually when resellers like me have paid users they can upgrade to better reseller accounts and offer free hosting to TRUE USERS... and not require the user to have a single post..

you seem to think that application via forum is a bad thing. i can guarantee you the "true" users who really do need free webspace would be more interested in joining a community than simply getting a free account, esp if the specs on the hosting match.

it really is no secret that the forum posting is just a way for the site owners to weed out the useless sites; the sites that do get accepted in are of rather high quality.

Back