• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Host

Global

100 meg disc
2g bw
2 Domains
25 Sub Domains
25 mySQL Databases
Unlimited POP3 Email, Auto Responders, Forwards & Aliases.
Unlimited Mail Blockers
10 Mailing Lists
25 FTP Accounts
Ability to Block Incoming email
PHP, Perl
CGI w/ Server Side Includes
Telnet & SSH Access for each client
Remote web mail access ( NeoMail )
CPanel4 for Every domain
Web Site Statistics ( Webalizer, and more )
Nightly Server Backups
High powered, Dual Pentium III Servers w/ SCSI Hard Drives
Password Protected Directories
Spam Assassin
phpMyAdmin
Web Based File Manager
RedHat Linux Powered Servers

$14.95
usd

could it fly would people buy it? lemme know before i purchase server

Let me give you some advice:
When people look at a hosting plan, the first thing they look for are space and bandwidth.

$14.95 for 100Megs and 2GB is too much as Bruce said.

what would be good range then i dont want to offer too much for too little but i dont want to offer but i want the peeps to get fair deal too

Most people wouldn't pay more than $5 (maybe up to $8) for that. Transfer usually costs between $1-3 per gig, and then by the time you add in the disk space and support costs. Everythign else is just extras and shoudln't really effect the cost of the package much.

There's plenty of things to consider when starting up your own hosting company. It all depends on your business plan. How long can you survive before you start to rely on the business for income?

If you offer an exception service with good support, people will definately buy hosting from you at those prices. But if you haven't got alot of cash for marketing then it may take a while to build a big enough client base to actually make money.

It's a bit of a catch 22, really. To provide that good service you need to give it your undivided attention for 18-20 hours a day until you can afford extra help. So, you need to have good financial backing behind you from day 1.

I think you go at it two ways. Slow, as a reseller or hardcore from the beginning, ploughing plenty of dough into the business with servers, nice site, support infrastructure and matketing. I was surprised at quickly my investment returned to me when I started up. I would be happy to share any of my startup experiences with you.

Back