• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Site layout...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the frames are not smooth enough.. Try to blend the pictures together more.. Other than that it's pretty good!

It's not frames (look at the source)

The picture logo on the update is going to be BR'd from the table without a border around it (one of a few updates)

i dont like the purple border, and to much white space. make the header span all the columns, and giv eit a footer with some copyright info. good start though. 5/10 lets see what it progresses to now. :D good luck

jstgermain said:
i dont like the purple border, and to much white space. make the header span all the columns, and giv eit a footer with some copyright info. good start though. 5/10 lets see what it progresses to now. :D good luck

Span all of the columns :S What ARE you thinking? I'd rather not do percent widths, especially via any WYSIWYG editor (Especially not GoLive! or FrontPage, [shudders]) I guess I could make the background a little more grayish to be themed with the logo at the top. Erm, a footer huh? I may do that too.

iyeru42 said:
Span all of the columns :S What ARE you thinking? I'd rather not do percent widths, especially via any WYSIWYG editor (Especially not GoLive! or FrontPage, [shudders]) I guess I could make the background a little more grayish to be themed with the logo at the top. Erm, a footer huh? I may do that too.
dont use percents, percents suck. better to use a specific width. like 650 or 700px, and then just scae your header, and them make the main width of the other tables that size, and you will be set. also, center the site. it is annoying when sites are all stuck up in the corner like that. a light grey would be a nice color for the bg. good luck. i will keep checking for updates. :D

jstgermain said:
dont use percents, percents suck. better to use a specific width. like 650 or 700px, and then just scae your header, and them make the main width of the other tables that size, and you will be set. also, center the site. it is annoying when sites are all stuck up in the corner like that. a light grey would be a nice color for the bg. good luck. i will keep checking for updates. :D

My table width is about 600 px already. (About 700 with the extra box at the end.) What border for the BODY tag should I use besides that style already indicated? Or should I make it grayish like the new BG? (Note: The black will be in the same places as it is now on the border when I change the color.)

dont use a page border. it give a very ametuere look and feel of unprofessionalism. look at other sites, and see what they have done. simple is nice. ande keep it clean. my sites are no way near the best sites i have ever seen, but i feel they are definately well worthy or mentioning as good sites and good designs. take a look at them and try to get some ideas. contact me on msn or something if you would like some help. :D alos, since the site is 700 px you say after the right column, make the header image 700px too. that will help a lot

iyeru42 said:
Well, right now I'm on a computer with some bad arse trojan junk on it. So, I'd rather not do any MSN stuff.

jster, I may make flash menus or something (maybe on the left) and have special content on the right? (http://www.anime.com, http://www.advancedanime.com, ....)
i definately suggest staying away from flash, especially if you arent very good with it. not saying you arent, but dont know your skill level there. you can make a site with css look like flash, and it is better for updates. make your site with css and php. that is the best way IMO

Yeah but, how do I make cells change BG color onMouseOver via JUST css mainly? (I really hate DOM and JavaScript, it sickens me)

Otherwise, you could tell me a PHP way of changing BG color... as I LOVE PHP more than any coding langauge really.

change bg color of a link? if so, just make a simple code like the example below.

Code:
.nav {
	padding: 9px 5px 5px 5px;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #EBEBEB;
	font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 14px;
	color: #666666;
	text-align: left;
	background-color: PUT COLOR HERE;
}

.nav a:link, .nav a:active, .nav a:visited {
	padding: 9px 5px 5px 25px;
	background: url('../images/larrowm.jpg') no-repeat;
	text-decoration: none;
	border-bottom: 0px solid #EBEBEB;
}

.nav a:hover{
	background: url('../images/larrowm_over.jpg') no-repeat;
	color: #D90504;
}

if you want the link to have a different gb color on the mousover, change that to a different collor than the other two classes. :D i am sur eyou know how to use the code. if you dont know how to call the classes for some reason though, use something like

<div class="nav">ALL YOUR TEXT GOES HERE</div>

you can also use
<p class......
<span class......
or even
<table class.....

let me know if you have any other questions. :D

Last edited:
I think the best way for you is to compare it with other sites that have the same interest as you.. That way you acn get ideas

jstgermain said:
change bg color of a link? if so, just make a simple code like the example below.

Code:
.nav {
	padding: 9px 5px 5px 5px;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #EBEBEB;
}

.nav a:link, .nav a:active, .nav a:visited {
	background: url('../images/larrowm.jpg') no-repeat;
}

.nav a:hover{
	background: url('../images/larrowm_over.jpg') no-repeat;
	color: #D90504;
}

if you want the link to have a different gb color on the mousover, change that to a different collor than the other two classes. :D i am sur eyou know how to use the code. if you dont know how to call the classes for some reason though, use something like

<div class="nav">ALL YOUR TEXT GOES HERE</div>

you can also use
<p class......
<span class......
or even
<table class.....

let me know if you have any other questions. :D

I meant the TD/DIV cell color onMouseOver, not the links themselves. (I know how to do that, and a WHOLE lot more in CSS)

i am sure ther is a way in css, but never done it before. i prefer to use images and make them have rollovers. i know you can change the bg color of the table on mouse over with javascript though. i would google it. you should be able to find something

You really need to have an option to skip the intro...

It seems kind of plain, not that there's anything wrong with that of course. The entire design is very small and all squished up in the top left of my browser window. If you don't like fluid layouts, I'd suggest at least centering it all.

Bruce said:
You really need to have an option to skip the intro...

It seems kind of plain, not that there's anything wrong with that of course. The entire design is very small and all squished up in the top left of my browser window. If you don't like fluid layouts, I'd suggest at least centering it all.

Tables centered, and added a skip link underneath the flash intro.

Updated alot of things... and now the flash movie has a skip and play feature in itself before the movie loads. (The skip link is still below the movie too. :p)

Also, my graphics showcase includes alot of my signature works. Also, Storyline Page added, flash page added. Index page updated to accomodate updates/news.

By the way, all of the CSS stuff is located in index.css. And now I've put alot of stuff out and put new stuff in. Some stuff I took out included some fixes for the flash page (because the DIV/TD tags after the resize made a bigger height than normal.)

Enjoy and rate/suggest anything accordingly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back