• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New TLD Maybe

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
Hi,

I am thinking of registering a new TLD. If I do, would anyone be interested in buying one for $3 for the first year then $5 from then on? Just want to see how many people are interested to see if I can get enough money back in order to be able to pay for the tld.

Last edited:
How much does it cost to register a new TLD, and where exactly can you do that?

Depends on the domain. What are you suggesting right now?

That $50, 000 is just application fee which btw is not refundable. VERY VERY few applications are accepted. It will prob. cost about $50,000 USD more to do the application and stuff.

I have to say , that smells like scam to me, but you might be right, if you tell me what TLD you were thinking of buying ill put in a pre order of 10-20 or so ( payment once the TLD is yours :) )

Good luck with it man, but i would really check this up before jumping into it :)

it's ICANN approved... how is it a scam? INAIC is the Inernet Name Authorization people
They even have a link to it on the ICANN website.
See here:
http://www.icann.com/

www.iana.org: The web site of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (the IANA), which is responsible for technical coordination of the assignment of parameters in over 120 identifier spaces used on the Internet. These identifiers include MIME media types, port numbers, private-enterprise numbers, and protocol numbers. This web site contains information about existing assignments and how to obtain a new assignment. The IANA is also responsible for the technical aspects of assigning top-level domains (including ccTLDs) within the Internet's domain name system, for coordinating of the IP-address allocation system operated in conjunction with the Regional Internet Registries (APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC, and RIPE NCC), and for overseeing the technical operation of the Internet's root-nameserver system.

Maybe they have something to do with only .name domains? So you get like NEWTLD.NAME?

I'm just guessing/

Maybe they have something to do with only .name domains? So you get like NEWTLD.NAME?

I'm just guessing/
Nope... I checked it out and from what I can see it registers .NEWTLD.

Good luck with it... what's your extension gonna be? This will give people a better idea if they want to buy it. :)

The way it works is,

domainname.yourtldnamehere

You can use as many domain names as you want, and you control the policies for it, etc.

I can't give you the tld name ;)

it'd give away my plans in the future :)

Back