• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Newbie Notes

Sikes

Ok everybody. I may have a nack for interesting thread names, but lets put that talent aside for a second. ;)

I'm a newbie, I guess you could say. Basically all I know is HTML and some JavaScript, along with some CSS. So here is my question:
What the heck is mySQL and PHP?!?!?!?!?!

I have longed for this answer ever since I read the first post on this forum. "Does this host have......." I never knew what was so important about the two. I am now going mad unless I get the answer to this "Newbie Note" ;)

Please hurry! Hahahahahaha :biggrin2: I'm going madder by the second! :bandit2: :chinese2:

Hmmmmmm. So what kinds of neat stuff can you do with it? Is it a "cannot live without" kinda thing?

Mainly, the good use of PHP I can think of is that PHP can make your site become dynamic content, it mean your design doesn't have to stick with the content/menu. And PHP can connect to variety types of databases very easy. also.. the form stuff.. to do that in perl.. you need some command to extract the variable from the URL line.. PHP will think that for you

MySQL is the most popular free database server available today. if you want to know what is database.. go to google.com and type "WHAT IS DATABASE"

You can make your site more interactive by placing scripts on it. PHP is a popular scripting language, like Perl.

I'd have to disagree with that. There are many easier languages out there, like BASIC.

Back