• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Non intrusive ad - what do you think?

Good or bad type of advertising?

• Total voters
:eek2: Care to share :p

It's for a community site I'm setting up for free (basically for Scotland as a whole if it gets popular, but my home area at the moment) - the UK PM's home ground that he couldn't give a toss about so someone has too. But it has to pay for itself after a bit initially.

So it needs ad revenue. Does that make it any more acceptable?
Probably not as if it's still intrusive it's no good, TIA for any input :)

Should have put that info in at the start really shouldn't I :fangel:

I see. I thought it would be at FWS. ;)
For a forum it is just too annoying and some links/buttons near the peel down ads are not able to be accessed.

I see. I thought it would be at FWS. ;)
For a forum it is just too annoying and some links/buttons near the peel down ads are not able to be accessed.

Why would you have thought that?

Pay attention to users and titles :lol:

And god no I wouldn't think of it on a forum...

the drop shadows a little large. as adverts go it's not too bad. problem is it won't be very effective. Your relying purely on curiosity for the user to mouse over. You aren't telling them what your selling ect...

This type of ad is acceptable. I prefer this type of ad and it makes people hover over it to see what it's about too.

Everytime I see these on a site I have to look at it..
I pay more attention to the ad if its a ad like that.
But thats just me.

Built into the script :wink2:

Thanks everyone for looking and giving comments, due to that I think I'll be using it :D

Last edited:
Back