• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Offshore webhosting

can any one explain what is the exat meaning of Offshore webhosting.
Whats is it differ from other.
Can any one pls discuss in detail?
Thanks

Ye, all off shore means is its hosted not in your country.

For me pretty much everything is offshore.

However, as Dynash said, alot of people associate "offshore" with "i can do illegal things". THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

While some companies do have servers in countries where copyright laws are either ignored or non existant, alot just call their service "off shore" to imply this and gain customers.

One of my resellers is technically off shore, but TOS still states the same as any other provider.

If you are in Asia for example US web hosting would be offshore for you. But I do agree with you that offshore web hosting as rule associated with warez web hosting here in US.

If you are in Asia for example US web hosting would be offshore for you. But I do agree with you that offshore web hosting as rule associated with warez web hosting here in US.

Thats means if you stay in malyasia(for ex) and riun with server situated in USA its call odd-shore
Still confutions

ah okay. just i've never seen a offshore host that hasn't stated warez linking is allowed. it's always been for partly that purpose. since it does drawn in more busniess.

Web hosting from Australian and New Zealand-based web hosting companies like valuehosting.com.au and hostww.net is also off shore for those based in the US or Europe, I think the main reason you go for off shore hosts is that your audience are in that geographical region and often you can register some region-specific domains thru your host. But not warez.

ah okay. just i've never seen a offshore host that hasn't stated warez linking is allowed. it's always been for partly that purpose. since it does drawn in more busniess.

I know of a few "Offshore hosts" ran by people located in the USA that do it specifically to get better business. Their TOS isn't very strict regarding warez LINKING, so users will go with them. As in that area their servers are located in, they don't worry about it *usually*. The whole "offshore" host implies you can do illegal activities such as warez, but that is not always the case. As others say it varies depending on the provider, where their services are located, etc.

Regardless of where your servers are, though, you can still be prosecuted in your area that you live in for providing illegal material, regardless of where the material is located.

Regardless of where your servers are, though, you can still be prosecuted in your area that you live in for providing illegal material, regardless of where the material is located.

yeah, if you don't remove it.
but if you are the hoster, you wont be prosecuted, if it is linking only. but the person who is uploading/downloading will.
i knew what it meant, in both ways, but i've always just seen it for that cause.

Basically the 'place' the server is based in doesn't have as strict rules over what's on it.

Which as has been pointed out if you sell it and your not 'off-shore' say hi to your cell mate Big Bubba, and they like you a lot :D

So many wrong interpretations of what this means :)

Dynash, can you explain where's illegal pirated software itself placed? Isn't it on the servers, why can't you host warez then?

@Jovis: if your site visitors are in the other geographical region, there's no need to host them with thу hosting provider from the same region, it's enough to have most of your incoming links from the sites hosted in the region.
Btw, hostww.net is a US-based company
their whois record says
IP Location Florida - Orlando - Hostdime.com Inc

Last edited:
you can't host warez legally ANYWHERE.
thats why it's warez. it is hosted on servers yes, but if it's found it's deleted (if in serious cases, you go to court, possiably jail, and soon, maybe even internet cut off).

you can only link to it, in countries like Malaysia/China, where they aren't strict on the linking of, but hosting rule still applies.

Back