• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Okie, I thinks my forum's review time has come..

i'm wondering why all the vbulletin images on a burning board?

and have index.php read out like this:
PHP:
<?
include("main.php");
exit;
?>
it'll have the initial address read out cleaner... all a matter of preference thought really...

it'll display www.designerchat.net rather than www.designerchat.net/main.php

Say what? You lost me mate.....
Also, those images are going to be there only for about 2 more days, because my forum buttons are on the way of being designed.

simply open index.php in a text editor and have it read out entirely like what i have above... then it won't be skipping to /main.php when the site's loaded...

very nice color scheme. I like it. What do you think about adding border to the cells between logo and forum, so to welcome/login/show threads section?

And I know the moderators there, but I can't remember where from ;)

Not going to bother with too many comments:

- rather slow in loading
- try color alternation between rows
- folders look very ugly and uninspired
- emoticons are overall too blue, but I can see how they fit
- "report" button is a totally different color

Overall: B

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Not going to bother with too many comments:

- rather slow in loading
- try color alternation between rows
- folders look very ugly and uninspired
- emoticons are overall too blue, but I can see how they fit
- "report" button is a totally different color

Overall: B

OK, what could I do to make it load faster? What do you mean with, "folders look very ugly and uninspired?" and the report button and some others are all being redesigned so please try not to look at that. If you want to see the latest buttons that have been designed, please look here: http://www.designerchat.net/thread.php?threadid=29&boardid=3&styleid=1

Is my forum still a B? :cry2:

BTW, I was wondering how you would rate your forums? What grade would you give it? Just curious :rolleyes:

dont worry bout what these guys say Coon, once you get the new buttons up, the forum will rock. As for the slow speed, well it aint like u got much control over that unless u own your server or have a dedicated one. As for the folders looking ugly and uninspired, well I dont know wtf he was talking about I dont see no folders. Report button, hehe thats funny, we've been arguing about that for a while :D, well thats my review sence I go there every day I cant really judge it without a bias towards it because its a good, and somewhat personal, little community we've got.

Originally posted by adizlaja
BTW, I was wondering how you would rate your forums? What grade would you give it? Just curious :rolleyes:

I screwed up on my forums a while ago. It had this great "space-age" skin, but then I screwed it up one day because I was trying to remove some things. Now, I've still kept the black background scheme and the spooky sci-fi images, but all I have is a logo instead of an entire skin. But then again, there's no way you could have visited my forums anyway unless you were really nosy.

The folders I was referring to were the ones on the topic listing pages. They look terrible!

Last edited:
I still don't know what folders you are talking about. Can you send a screen shot. Also, you still haven't given me a grade on your own forum.... do yuo give it a A, B, C or what? Another thing, what do you mean with me being "nosy" and looking for your forum? Isn't it in your signature, and I think you put it there for others to see and for them to be "nosy." :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rapmaster
dont worry bout what these guys say Coon, once you get the new buttons up, the forum will rock. As for the slow speed, well it aint like u got much control over that unless u own your server or have a dedicated one. As for the folders looking ugly and uninspired, well I dont know wtf he was talking about I dont see no folders. Report button, hehe thats funny, we've been arguing about that for a while :D, well thats my review sence I go there every day I cant really judge it without a bias towards it because its a good, and somewhat personal, little community we've got.

Thanx bro. Me and you are like jelly and peanut butter :D

Originally posted by adizlaja
I still don't know what folders you are talking about. Can you send a screen shot. Also, you still haven't given me a grade on your own forum.... do yuo give it a A, B, C or what? Another thing, what do you mean with me being "nosy" and looking for your forum? Isn't it in your signature, and I think you put it there for others to see and for them to be "nosy." :rolleyes:

Hmm...I guess you mean WebsiteForums. Does it look like it has a black background colors scheme? Well, if you observed carefully... THEY'RE NOT MY FORUMS!

My forums had an A+ (including extra credit) using my CRITERIA before I destroyed them. Speaking of which, I should probably get the templates back up again. :(

Of course, my criteria is always more lenient than my real-life grading style. Anybody with a website and a chatroom along with their site could get an A.

Anyway, the ugly folders I'm talking about are the red/yellow ones on the topic listing page that symbolize new/read...

I'm not used to burning board, so it offsetts me a little. Is burning board just another name for mercury board?

But the integration and the colors are great.

The forums' buttons are being currently redesigned. I will let you all now when the forum is ready to go with the new buttons, and then maybe you all could give me another updated review. ;)

I use to use burning board, and thought it was excellent, considering it's free, I found it to be so easily customizable, and all the hacks for it just makes it better.

But that’s my opinion. I’ve just launched a new one today, phpBB2,
But getting problems with uploading avatars.

The gallery works fine, I did have it working but then had to swap servers and now they don't seem to load.

I created a avatars folder inside the gallery folder chmod 777 and everything did work, since it's not working I have tried different ways like putting a tmp folder in the base dir chmod 777 but this doesn't work either.

I have been right through the phpbb site but this is all I can find.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Back