• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

photobucket.com

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I am a bit tired, so hopefully this will make sense.

I currently have ads hosted on photobucket.com that I use for craigslist.org.

I am in the process of redesigning all of the ads. They will have the same file names, but just look differently.

I was wondering how I can upload the new ads, to take over the old ads?

If I delete the ones on photobucket right now, all of my ads will be down. Is there a way to simply overwrite them?

If you delete them and reupload them to the same folders using the same filename, the old links will point to the new images- but note that doing it this way will have an overlap where the old image will still be in the browser's cache and may take some time to be refreshed out with the new image.

It's a popular prank when giving people avatars on forums. They often forget to copy it over to their own account, and sometime later you replace the image in question with something else, after a few refreshes their avatar mysteriously gets switched to something else even though the link is exactly the same.

I suggest you add new files instead of planning to overwrite. It is a lot safer just in case a problem will arise in your new files, you can easily retrieve to the old one.

Back