• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP for Windows 98 Question

Well...

Well, yes it's : EasyPHP
I don't remember the url. But the thing I remember is that the official site is in french but there others in english too. Just use google with search keyword easyphp and you'll see. Really easy... I used it time ago. It will install all the needed stuff to run php. Even if I used it just for PhpNuke and not for other php stuff. Hope I've helped. If I remember well you'll have , but I'm not sure you'll need a mysql hosted somewhere. But not sure.

Well, the language is a real problem. Because I tried to install it just a minute ago, and even if I changed the settings to english keeps talking french. Although if you know the basics when you'll install it you will find the way. Sorry I didn't help that much. The time I used it I had an english version (cd of a magazine).

Last edited:
Microsoft web servers. You probably already have PWS (Personal Web Server).

Originally posted by friend_al_23

What is PWS / IIS?

PWS = Personal Web Server
IIS - Internet Information Server

Both are Microsoft Web Servers. Both are tailor made to execute ASP scripts not PHP scripts. If you downloaded the PHP binary, you can make PHP run on these servers. But as I have said, it's not going to work as smoothly as when it is run in Apache.

Back