• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP? Learning and Use of...

Deeku

As of right now, I am good at HTML and CSS.

I wish to learn PHP, but I want to ask what road I should take to doing so. What I'd like to do with it is listed below.

I would like to be able to tie the forum into the website. (IE: On non-forum pages of the website where a user can see if they have new PMs, etc.) (More on this though at the bottom.)

Perhaps even my own type of log-in system.

A feature where a user can submit guild information via a form to be displayed in a list, but with administrator approval before it goes through.

Also, what forum would be best to tie into a website?

Those being my primary reasons, what do you recommend I do? Is there another language other than PHP that I should learn? Also, does anyone know any good tutorials for learning PHP?

Thanks. :)

You should install and configure Apach, MySQL to you Windows computer.

Then you should create you first program "HELLO WORD!".
Only after than you can stay PHP programmer...

:beer:

PHP is the way to go, it's not easy at first, but a very valuable skill to learn. You'll be able to integrate forums like phpBB into your own sites as well as CMSs like Wordpress. I recommend the paid tutorials at Lynda.com (and no, I'm not getting paid to refer you there).

If you are going to learn PHP, might as well learn Objet Oriented PHP (same language, different way of programming)

Back