• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP Script needed

jobesoft

Hello!

I am seeking an PHP Script:

This script should list events in the future an events that are gone shouldn´t be listed. The script shouldn´t use an database.

Thanl you for your help.

re

Hello!

For example:

Event = My Birthday

When i acces the site 3 days before this day there is this event shown. if i acces the site 3 days after my birthday, the event isnt been shown.

You're talking about listing events dependig on their dates. This is a quite common way of showing information meaning listing posts in a certain order.

In SQL, wich can be used with either php or asp, it would look like this:

"SELECT * FROM [events] WHERE [x_date] <= #" & date() & "#;"

(Skip the brackets using php.)

Now you want to do something similar than above using a textfile... you'll have alot of thinking ahead! :)

Thank you

Thank you for yoour help.

But: I need an complete Script. (with an admin mode would be great)

Does anybody know such a script???

Yeah, it would be a ton easier if you used a database, I easily threw together my own news script here: http://www.niaad.com/nsprod

It even has a cool monthly archive viewer =) (/news.php)

Using MySQL makes the whole process easier, and it is a lot faster than using .txt files--that is, when the script is used by a person to view your news.

But, like Eclipse said, using .txt files is going to require a lot more thinking :D.

Back