• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pick my major.

I ----ing love psychology, but have you seen The Sixth Sense? Yeah, so I'm throwing psych out the window.

Political science sounds interesting, but what practical job could I get?

Political science sounds interesting, but what practical job could I get?

Almost anything in the business world that requires vast amounts of bulls&^% :idea:

So to summarise - almost anything in the business world :lol: especially finance and legal.

I know! A Vet! Then you can remove all the superglue from those poor cats that have been used for captions :D

Good call, Jan.

Guys, let's pick a major for Johnson that could in no way have any affect on anyone's life. :p

Well, personally I think it depends on how you plan on using your degree. I am double majoring in Computer Science & Astrophysics - which is an interesting combination if you are a big math and sciences fan. In this case you may have different aspirations. If you like practical thought but do not want to go into the hard sciences or fields heavy in mathematics you may find economics seriously rewarding. And as for future job success courses in that area may not be the first and most popular credential (I dont know either way) but they may certainly give a critical perception of finances.

English is a lovely field but I think you may want to avoid it since it seems that many seem to enter that field. Its not to say it isnt a good field but you will probably get significant exposure to it.

Last edited:
You could probably be a highschool social studies teacher :)

edit: Your post inspired me to dig out my old Econ text. I just about shat myself laughing at the following page. Obviously it wasn't one we covered in class... I'd have remembered it. I actually put the book in my pack and rode my bike to the library (open late, ftw) to scan this page.

emsinabookloldh0.jpg

Is it the ale, or is this genuinely FUNNY?

Last edited:
Perhaps you could be Stephen Colbert's stunt double?

Good question. I'm studying Economics and Politics right now ...

[edit]
And yes, Gayo. That's funny. Might be a bit funnier if I was on the poison, too, though.

Back