• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please Help me on regestering .com.ru

nightcrawler

When registering for a .com.ru domain in www.dnsau.com.ru, It asks for four Name servers. Can you tell me waht these are and how to fill up the form? I dont know anything about nameservers. Please help me on how to register .com.ru

Thanx:)

If you don't already have webhosting, you're going to need to find yourself some domain hosting.

If you do have hosting (and it isn't domain hosting), then try an account at www.mydomain.com to forward your domain to your current site.

I want to know what are name servers? Why are they used? Just a little introduction to name servers.

Thanx for replying, Riverworld. But currently i have only free webhosts and i am planning to take a paid one. But i want to be redirected from my .com.ru to my free webhost url.

I've found getting a .com.ru or .net.ru from that service nearly impossible.

I have my own private nameservers on my dedicated servers. I used a non-free email address. Then listed my business address and telephone number.

I still didn't get a reply.

My advice is go pay for one, its alot less headache. :confused5

Nameservers are provided by your host. Their significance is when someone types out your domain name, lets say for example www.abc.com.ru , it would track down the nameserver appointed to that domain and then direct you to that server. Usually your host would provide you with 2 nameservers which is sufficient. Hope that answers your question! :)

Originally posted by LifelessHost
I've found getting a .com.ru or .net.ru from that service nearly impossible.

I have my own private nameservers on my dedicated servers. I used a non-free email address. Then listed my business address and telephone number.

I still didn't get a reply.

My advice is go pay for one, its alot less headache. :confused5

I manage to get www.singapore.com.ru but havent started any work on it yet.:topic:

Back