• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pop-ups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzx

b&
b&
Hi,

I need an advanced popup script. I have an account at popuptraffic and one at popupsponsor. I use both popups and popunders, and i need to learn how to make it switch each time. I only want one popup or popunder per page, but i don't want to define it one each page. Like an order of Pop-up traffic popup on the first page, then then when they go to another page on my site, it shows the popunder for popuptraffic, then another page, goes to the other popupsponsor popup, and so on. Then once done, i can chose if it should repeat or wait a certain time interval.

It is a basic if and else statments looped, but i know c++, not javascript. thanks...

I have this one currently, and it displays both popup and under from popupsponsor at the same time, then waits 12 hours until it does it again.

<script language=Javascript">
<!-- Pop-up Traffic - 12 hours
if (document.cookie.indexOf("popuptrafficbehind") == -1) {
var expdate = new Date((new Date()).getTime() + 43200000);
document.cookie="popuptrafficbehind=general; expires=" + expdate.toGMTString() + "; path=/;";
document.write("<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=\"JavaScript\"src=\"http://www.popuptraffic.com/assign.php?l=USERNAME&mode=behind\"></script>");
document.write("<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=\"JavaScript\"src=\"http://www.popuptraffic.com/assign.php?l=USERNAME\"></script>");
}
//-->
</script>

Originally posted by Archbob
Have you tried javascript.internet.com ?

yes i have, i can't find what i am looking for, and it is something i need to customize. How bout anywhere i can learn if statements for javascipt?

How about, something that uses sessions instead. So whenever they close the browser, it resets?

Originally posted by Damoose
you could do it in php, well the alternating anyways, not the timing i dont think.

Could you possibly write the code out real quickly? It would be alot easier than me having to learn it. But also, where would i learn that really quickly?

thanks....

have never used it so i wouldnt know. look for a banner rotation then at hotscripts, same thing.

Does anyone know how to do this with php sessions? I want to have one popup or popunder a page, and not displaying the same one more than once, and if in the same session for more than 12 hours, it resets (optional, i doubt anyone will keep the same browser open for that long).

Thanks....

Not sure, I've actually never seen a script that does that. I think its possible to do with cookies, I'm not sure how though.

It is possible, because i have ran accross sites that have it, but i can't remember which ones...

Thanks, i tried there eariler, but the site was down for a sec i guess, it's working now...

If any one knows any other ways or ideas, thanks...

Re: Re: Pop-ups...

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
xzx,

Doing a search at SICtalk I found this thread. A user had a similar problem, and the following solutions were found:

http://www.adoutput.com/index.cfm

There is also a JavaScript posted by mike_byde on the page.

Best of luck,

thanks. I already found this one yesterday, and i configured it and it works, i was just wondering if i could use php instead...

I posted that link in an earlier thread on these forums :)
I even tested the script. It exactly did what it has to do. Allthough I am not using it anymore (switched to an exclusive pop-up provider targeted on my visitors: the younger people :) ), I recommend it to everyone. It can increase your revenue and gives you the freedom to add popups to one page, two pages, all pages, whatever. Also nice to know: by installing the script on every page, you don't have to worry about people entering your website, not on the index page but on other pages (most of you probably have installed the pop-up on the main page only).

By the way, I did do a search on PHP scripts that can do the same. All free scripts I found only supported banners. All scripts that could handle pop-ups, costed a lot of money :D

Last edited:
Yea, thanks, but i have the pop ups on my index page, witch is php, so only have to change one page, to change all pages...

I'm still looking for the php one...

on javadcript.internet.com find a script for a random quote generator.

Set the value of quotes to 1 ( 0 counts as one)
Then where you define your quote, put the pop-up code.

It's that simple.

When your page loads, it randomly choses a number (0 or 1) and displays the given "quote" for that number, wich is your ad.

Try it,
It seems to me that it can work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back