• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Post your desktop

Krikey, some bigg screenshots up there! :)

Here's mine today:

1255469354.jpg

^AMAZING Show! Love Dom from it <3 And Johnny that desktop is amazing, got a link to the image?

^That OS is that? It looks like a huge fob-off version of Windows' Aero feature thingy :p

It's Ubuntu. And I think the thing is called desktop cube or something, its from the Compiz program. Also for the record it was out before Vista.

I installed Windows 7 a few days ago and this thread reminded me that I still had the default settings on for the desktop. I didn't really like the new look, so I went back to what I was used to. I do like the weather thing on the desktop though.

Untitled.jpg

I changed up my desktop, yet again thanks to NASA! They're pretty good at pumping out awesome pictures:

desktop2.jpg

It's a composite image taken by 3 different observatories (visible light taken by the Hubble telescope, x-ray taken by Chandra observatory, and infrared taken by the Spitzer telescope) aimed at the center of the galaxy, and the whole image only covers about half of one degree. Kinda crazy to try to comprehend just how much stuff is in that tiny slice of the galaxy. Here's a link to the article with a high resolution image. I thought about just making a desktop out of the visible light spectrum image, because it looks pretty cool by itself.

Also, every time I post my desktop, there's terrible weather predicted for the next several days. :(

Yeah, I don't really like not having it fit the whole screen, but I was too lazy to resize and crop it to fit my desktop. Window's fill option left out most of the image, and I wanted to see the whole thing, or at least most of it. That video might have just given me a month or two worth of desktop pictures, though. :biggrin2:

Back