• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pricing & Packaging?

RandyC

Alright So I am starting a web host (shared and reseller) and I am looking for what kind of packages and what kind of prices you would like to see. So please give me your package ideas what kind of specs you would want to see and what pricing.

Please note that all packages will no matter what come with cPanel, and Fantastico.

Best Regards,
Randy Cram

Plan it around what you can honestly afford. Don't start with megagigabytes for minibucks even the largest oversellers had to start out cautiously.

I am not trying to oversell or give out huge amounts of space for small bucks but I am trying to find a reasonable area for a reasonable price by asking people that actually need good space for a small price.

Regards,
Randy Cram

If your going to offer resellers, your going to have to start with a VPS. Depending on if you use Direct Admin or cPanel, you'll be looking at about $40-70 per month

Depends on what kind of profit you want to get for each plan you sell. So figure that out and then just figure how much of a markup you need to add to your cost of bandwidth and space and there you have your price!

At Schmarvin:
I know that and I already purchased one but I am asking other people what kind of packages and prices they would want and that are reasonable on there end as a client.

Regards,
Randy

Try to aim this way:
1:15

For every 1GB Space, put at least 15GB Bandwidth.
Thats a good ratio.

As for price, it can depend on how much your VPS provider puts for more hard drive space. Try to compromise on some things. :)

I dont know, but Im toying with the ideas other bigger hosts use now, One plan fits all.
then have 2-3 dedicated reseller plans.
Of course for this to work you need like
1 Shared server with lots of power
And 1 reseller server with lots of power
So thats about say, $500/month
Also you would want to be with a datacenter directly and build a good relationship with them, then as you grow colo and cluster with them, With a good relationship with the datacenter, you should be able to get by pretty well... Anyways thats just one idea I think would be a good way.

I think the ratio given by Schmarvin is a good one, although it truly depends how much total disk space and bandwidth you have.

How much can you afford to lose for how long?

That's the first question you need to ask yourself.

Include all outgoings. + profirt you would like to have and compare with your compatitors.
Honestly in price and no hiidden feeds are the things which atract people most.

Dont forget to account all of your costs.

Livehelp
Whmcs (or other billing system)
Telephone (skype or what not if you have one)
Server costs
Management costs (if u don't do it yourself)
DataCenter Overages( some datacenters have terms in there TOS that allow them to charge upto xxx for various reasons that could be beyond your control.

Be ready to bear all looses and make no profit for the 1 year at least. Second year you can expect to break even if you are still around.

Back