• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about GKG hosting

k2

Hello,

Do you know how much space GKG.net gives w/ the $9.99/yr plan? I already registered a domain with them. And I try to get into my web server using FTP, but it saying connection refused. How can I upload my pages? When using an FTP, in this field --> hostname/address: "domain url goes here right"?

k2

I tried, but still...

Thanks for the help webdude, but it still didn't work. I'm getting frustrated, ughhh!! Anyone who've used this host before? please help, thanks.

try this

Did you get ip number
try that in place of domain name
(DNS probably hasnt fully propagated yet) and you will need to use the ip number
this is IF you were issued a static ip?

Thanks KM, I emailed them already.

Martie, I didn't get an IP #, am I suppose to have one? I saw a page for "Register a DNS" though. http://gkg.net/domain/changes/dns_form.html, but I don't get what DNS is and how it works? Do we need it? I'm kind of new to it, sorry. First time registering for a domain.

k2

Back