• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

question for printer expert about drum unit

oates151

I have a Brother HL-4040CN printer. Today, after printing 3 shipping labels, I began to notice that there were these random large lines on pages whenever I printed in black. I opened up the printer and found that the adhesive stuck to one of the drum unit rollers. I was able to remove the drum unit and peel off the label, but now there is a series of identical huge blotches on every page missing (if I print the page in all black, there are spots that are white with these blotches).

What can I do? I a new drum unit costs 200 bucks, which I don't have right now, and I have something I really need to print up for tomorrow. Anyone have a clue - can this be cleaned up - is there any sort of possible temporary fix?

Best thing is to probably just go out and buy a new Printer, maybe a cheap Epson or Canon, just something cheap so you can print stuff out, and then save up for a new drum.

the drums need to be replaced every 4 or 5 toners. Sadly that's the way the Brother printers work...

Back