• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rants that I know you'll read even though you've no reason to

Magic rocks, fortune and glory...

• "Willie" is my professional name, "Indiana"

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I'm very little! You cheat very big!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I hate the water... I hate getting wet... and I hate [i]you[/i]!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Feel like I walk on fortune cookie

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
It's finally gone.

I've never seen a company put up such a struggle not wanting to give me a refund. The technician that was supposed to call within 24 hours a week ago finally did-- at 10:00 PM, no less. He wanted to do more asinine unplugging and repeated installations of the patch I spoke of earlier, but he eventually agreed with connecting me with returns (you can't call them directly, you have to be transferred). It went smoothly from then on out, I guess by that point they just gave up.

They don't come and take it away. They'll send me a box in which I'm to place 1) the dish, 2) the transceiver, 3) the modems, and 4) the electrical cord (I get to keep the data cable and the hole in the floor, aren't I lucky?). I'm to send this box to an as yet undisclosed address and in one month I'll receive a credit for just over half of what I initially paid. The pole on which it's stuck is not included in the refund, they so helpfully suggested I take them to court over that (I get the impression they don't much like their jobs). With luck, I hope to be able to get rid of all the crap they installed on my computer that isn't covered by the uninstaller by morning.

I'm glad this ordeal is nearing its end.

On to the next nightmare (I'm not going to delude myself into thinking anything better): I was thinking about where to go from here. I never got rid of my phone line and dial-up account, so I'm fine for the moment, but I was thinking of all the other things I could do. I remember years ago reading about a system whereby two or more modems on two or more lines connecting to two or more dial-up accounts could be intertwined by some sort of software, I'd imagine, giving the illusion of a 112k (or more) connexion. Sounds intriguing, don't you think? Anyone know anything about this or what exactly it entails?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Dusty
On to the next nightmare (I'm not going to delude myself into thinking anything better): I was thinking about where to go from here. I never got rid of my phone line and dial-up account, so I'm fine for the moment, but I was thinking of all the other things I could do. I remember years ago reading about a system whereby two or more modems on two or more lines connecting to two or more dial-up accounts could be intertwined by some sort of software, I'd imagine, giving the illusion of a 112k (or more) connexion. Sounds intriguing, don't you think? Anyone know anything about this or what exactly it entails?
My ISP (gbronline.com) has that service for a little over the normal dial-up service. It's in your modem properties if I remember right. It also requires two phone lines, but that goes without saying ;)

<rant>

The asses who sued McDonald's for making their kids overweight for eating the McDonalds food. They could have just stopped going to McDonald's before their kids got fat! :mad:

</rant>

Back