• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

readyhosting.com

Hi,

I hosted with them for all about two weeks. Price is pretty fantastic for the features offered, and their servers seem reliable enough. To have MS SQL included with their plan is quite remarkable.

Unfortunately right after I signed up I requested for an SQL database to be set up for my account. Since their control panel isn't (I'm not sure if this has changed) real time, their tech support will have to physically set it up after the request has been made. The turnaround time was supposed to have been 24-48 hours. I waited and waited. Still no news. After two weeks I decided to ask for a refund. Guess what, a few days after I got my refund and confirmation that my account was terminated I finally got the tech support emailing me to say that the database was finally setup.

So I guess some customer support issues have to be worked out for this firm. I don't know if others have had similar experiences...

Anyway they have a money-back guarantee, so it doesn't hurt to give them a try.

Non-Real Time Control Panels.

Fundly enough - Xeran used to be the same way, Control Panel wasn't completely realtime - and even the creation of a now Shell Account required the user to wait until the server had threaded and completed the task.

This is the main reason I'm such a Cobalt RaQ fan. All 100% realtime - if the server is to busy then the Group File is locked and you can't do anything (Which is a hassle) ... so I guess there are negatives and positives to both worlds.

moz.

readyhosting

Their Speed it very acceptable.not fast but more than enuff for my webdesign clients.
The only thing clients complain about is the email.
Their email server is frequently down.
I sent them a mail about this but there has been no reply.
the verdict is:if you are not using the email function this is the deal of the century for you.

We are hosting with Readyhosting.com more than 2 months already and a lot of bad things happened during this period.

Email is slow if works at all. Intermittently incoming emails bounce, even though mailbox exists, and outgoing emails get deleted from mailserver queue. Few times a day mailserver is unaccessible at all
Access to SQL Enterprise Manager - takes about 10 minutes just to load a list of databases.
A lot of 500 errors (internal IIS error).
They shut down ASP support for our website for 2 business days without any notification.
Yesterday 4 files were removed from our website without any notification.

Pluses: cheap ($99/year), pretty fast, unlimited bandwidth, plenty of space (500 MB), quick response from tech support (in most cases less than 24 hr)

Still, wouldn't recommend to use them. If I was aware of these issues beforehand, I would never signed up for their plan.

Hi everyone, this is indeed my first post on this board... but I post on about 7 other ones. Anyway, I am bringing this old thread back to life with my thoughts on readyhosting.com

I first used them when I was designing for a client and we decided ColdFusion was best for his site (Divetristar.com)... so we looked around and came across Readyhosting... couldn't believe how cheap it was with most everything unlimited and CF being supported. So a few months passed and the only negative to say about them was their apparent downtime. They were down for about 3 hours in total over a 6 month span after we started with them. Nothing negative has happened lately (past few months) though... I don't know what % that works out to, but I think it's extremely acceptable given the price we pay. Besides, the website is not supporting a huge business or anything, though it's used to bring in some.

Anyway, I've been living with free hosts all my life till about 3 months ago when I decided to stick a fork in the damn banners. So I went with Readyhosting myself. I love ColdFusion and there's no other host out there for this price. I have had ZERO complaints thus far with any performance aspect of my site (rh71.com). Their mail server seems to be UP all the time (maybe they've improved since you guys posted). Site statistics are nice... their control panel needs a little facial work, but it's functional nonetheless.

I would recommend them... they seemed to have cleaned up their act a lot since a year or less ago. Comments on them now?

Hello,

Alot of things can change within a 5 month period, but according to the above posts they were a pretty bad company. I was going to go with them for my very first host Way back in the days :D but decided against it because of their unlimited, plus someone recommended tera-byte to me.

I also emailed them on numerous times without response.

Robert

I host several sites there and have no complaints.

They aren't the fastest, but a whole lot faster than almost all the free sites. Down time has been negligible, and email works 98% of the time.

For $99 a year, it's well worth it.

Back